1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Lenovo X301 ... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by juice, May 6, 2010.

1. juice

juice TRIBE Member

Looking at picking this up. Need something small, rather lightweight, fairly powerful. I've read the online reviews - any other thoughts on it? If not this something else that you might recommend? Specs as follows :

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo SU9400 processor ULV (1.40GHz 800MHz 3MBL2 )
    Operating system : Genuine Windows 7 Professional 32
    Display type : 13.3" WXGA+ TFT
    System graphics : Intel GMA 4500MHD
    Total memory : 2 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 (1 DIMM)
    Hard drive : 128GB Solid State Drive
    Fixed Bay Device : Lightweight Travel Bezel
    Integrated WiFi wireless LAN adapters : Intel WiFi Link 5100
    Mobile Broadband : Integrated WWAN upgradable
    Battery : ThinkPad X300 Series 3 Cell LiPolymer Bay Battery
    Warranty : 1 Year Depot/Express Warranty

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I have an older version in this series, the X60, and it is amazing. Built like a tank, tiny, fast, and it has tons of usb ports, a SD card slot, infared, bluetooth, wifi. It has been around the world with me many times.

The few times I have had to call tech support (a battery question, and a question about installing a bigger hard disk and moving the operating system to it) they have been totally amazing.

When I retire my x60, I will get another X series notebook.

3. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

my friend in Beijing is thinking about getting one of these, for the specs and what a few people i know have said, they are pretty nice.

[jai]