• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Legality of gifting clones?

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Just curious if anyone here has dug deep into the regulations and could quote, or point me towards specific aspects of the law, that deal with gifting clones (rooted, young non flowering plants) between non-medical adults in Ontario?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I don't know anything about cloning, cannabis, or gardening but you are allowed to grow a certain number on plants. I'd imagine it'd fall under that?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think in the rollout of legal you will be able to buy clones and seedlings. One province in Eastern Canada is already selling clones I believe. If you are in Ontario there does not seem to be a legal route to get seedlings and clones yet.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
There is going to be a huge secondary market here for home grow kits. A cannabis growing supplies shop just opened up the street from me for example, then there will be special fertilizer companies, organic bug killing systems etc. It will be massive.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Bigley.

Walmart and Home Depot are already selling hydroponic equipment and fertilizers.

I have a contact in CO. who was among the first to get a grow license - he's moved on but said if he could do it over he would rather open a grow shop. Claims they have the most $$$ potential.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
You’re presently allowed to buy and grow 4 plants without a license. A license to grow more can be had by anyone for $$. Pricing varies, depending on the service you pay to get you setup. I paid $400 for mine and have a license for 50. Clearly, it’s all about the children. ;)

Grow shops are popping up everywhere and the new LED lights are amazing. Full grow kits can run you quite a bit but they pay for themselves in short order!

catilyst

TRIBE Member
You’re presently allowed to buy and grow 4 plants without a license. A license to grow more can be had by anyone for $$. Pricing varies, depending on the service you pay to get you setup. I paid $400 for mine and have a license for 50. Clearly, it’s all about the children. ;)

Grow shops are popping up everywhere and the new LED lights are amazing. Full grow kits can run you quite a bit but they pay for themselves in short order!
50?! Jeezus. That's awesome for you, but for those following this, the max of four plants is pretty decent. You could argue for a household full of smokers that's maybe not the case. But for me plus one occasional user after a cycle or two you'll have more than you'll know what to do with.

I haven't gone LED yet but am considering it, at least for my veg chamber to play around with. Got any recommendations?