• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Legal Movie Downloads Start April 10th

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
The service will use Microsoft’s digital rights management technology, designed to prevent people from duplicating the films, burning them to disc or uploading them to the Internet.

I wonder if this will be as successful as all of Microsofts other "anti-piracy" techniques.

(40 bones..my ass....)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
40 bucks is ridiculous

$2 for old reases .. $5 ...even as much as $10 for new releases

those are prices i'd pay for dvd video downloads (4gigs / movie) from a fast connection

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Well those prices are the MSRP in the UK for DVD's. New releases are generally £19.99. Try HMV UK. Their regular price is exactly that.

Now I'm not saying it shouldn't be less. It should be. But it's not as outrageous as it seems. It's only when you convert it to our money that it seems crazy. But it's simply more expensive over there.

NOTE: this service is ONLY for the UK. The company has stated it has no plans for North American markets at this time.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
The service will use Microsoft’s digital rights management technology, designed to prevent people from duplicating the films, burning them to disc or uploading them to the Interne
for 40 bones i better be able to put it on a disk. once i buy it, it's MY fucking movie and i don't want it sitting on my hard drive.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I have never understood the logic behind charging almost the same amount for a downloaded song/movie as they would for a retail copy, especially when their overhead is nearly nothing when they don't have to produce the discs or packaging.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Snuh was pretty much my reaction. Mahfuckin $40 for a movie? You trippin.
That's such a stupid price when you get buy it at HMV for less and it'll probably last longer with better quality. Hilarious.

echootje

TRIBE Member
Is King Kong even out on DVD yet? I's day $40 is reasonable for a movie that beats the stores in terms of release date.

Rob