• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Leftfield/unknown music makers we all should know about?

echootje

TRIBE Member
Here's a chance ot mention leftfield producers or those who spin in that you think we should all know. Mention the style, and why they're good and how to find their music so we can all take a listen.

Swayzak - Are two guys, pretty prolific unusual deep techno-to-house music and most notable for the track State of Grace at the beginning of the Sander Kleinenberg Nubreed disc.
www.swayzak.com and on Audiogalaxy

Kumo - Leftfield breaks multi disciplined live/electronic DJ who usually produces/plays with a band! I think he's been around as long or longer than Rinocerose, Hybrid and The New Deal, based out of London UK. www.psychomat.com

Ardisson - A friend from London UK produces everything from oldschool fucked up industrial to breaks, his live Dj stuff is a riot, BBC's Peter and the Rabbit is one of his favourite mood records :) http://www.ardisson.net/

23 Skidoo - another collective, they're a jazz influenced group of live/electronic musicians producing (for lack of a better word) electronia but really neat stuff, serach for "Freeze Frame"on Audiogalaxy. They have produced with Pharoah Sanders, and Roots Manuva. Apparently Chemical Brothers used a large portion of thier song Coup for "Block Rockin Beats" Also UK based. www.23skidoo.cc

Rob

Plato

TRIBE Member
its about time swayzak are getting props!

and with no better a track than one featuring vocalist kirsty hawkshaw :)

p[l]a+0

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
This is sooo up my alley. I'm sure lots fo people can add names that are truly taking the music in fully new directions as well...

paul brtschitsch - incredibly atmospheric dancefloor techno. really makes you feel like you're apart of the music.

si begg - if you haven't looked into this guy yet, GET OFF YER ASS! tons of production pseudonyms and he makes just about every style of music imaginable...but whatever he makes, it's ALWAYS funky as hell. Crazy production values! Check out his set on www.betalounge.com then tell me if you've ever heard anything like it.

tipper - not only the king of new school breaks style, but he's been expanding his sound as well, only prooving his versatility.

smash tv - on Ellen Allien's Bpitch Control label. The most rockin-est of electro-tech rockers out there.

justin berkovi - this guys been around for years, producing massive quantities of wacky techno with moments of sheer ambient beauty.

tube jerk - basslines and quirk like there is NO tomorrow. Wild and fresh stuff!

I could go on, but that's a fair start...Aphex Twin's old label, Warp Records seems to be pushing to do more film scoring work and their newer talents are pretty decent, so I'm looking forward to that too.

@m.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Plato
its about time swayzak are getting props!

and with no better a track than one featuring vocalist kirsty hawkshaw :)

p[l]a+0
[/QUOTE

I was just in contact with them and apparently they've a new compilation coming out soon, check the sets on groovetech, i love em all :)

Rob

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hardtekfunk

si begg - if you haven't looked into this guy yet, GET OFF YER ASS! tons of production pseudonyms and he makes just about every style of music imaginable...but whatever he makes, it's ALWAYS funky as hell. Crazy production values! Check out his set on www.betalounge.com then tell me if you've ever heard anything like it.

@m.
Hehe i lef tthis one out for you figruing you might want to say something :)

That Betalounge set has the song U Have 2 Wonder, I love that one!

I also recommend:

Cut La Roc{/i] - unusual new and old breaks production in the same vein as Si Begg, on the Skint label same one owned by Fatboy.

Plato

TRIBE Member
@m, do you have access tyo the tribe ftp?
check out /plato/sylvie marks - baby take me a little bit higher [BPC03_]/

has the original and a smash tv remix.

it's on bpitch, wickid track, it's on 10" which i find cute but kinda annoying as it has a tendancy to hide amongst records...

p[l]a+0

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders