• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Leffe beer = donkey piss

diablo

TRIBE Member
This beer is fucking gash. I'd rather drink Labatt Blue.

How the shit is this popular? Everyone seems to love Leffe and Hoegaarden, but I hate them both.

Good thing I still have some cans of Asahi and Strongbow.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Leffe is good. Hoegardden is piss.

Leffe has much more body to it and flavour. Hoegardden is piss.

Leffe Blond or Brun. Both tasty. But something worth having once in a while.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Theres nothing wrong with Leffe, but if I remember correctly its an abbey beer and therefore has a certain taste many either aren't familiar with or don't like.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Vote Quimby

You're straight trippin boo! :p
I've got a thing for nabbing those big hoegarrden glasses from bars... well not really, I've taken 3.. bu they're hype. I wish I could find a store that sold them. I'd buy like 20! :D

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby

Leffe has much more body to it and flavour. Hoegardden is piss.

Leffe Blond or Brun. Both tasty. But something worth having once in a while.

No way. Hoegaarden is an amazing beer and one of the best that is produced in Holland if not Europe. If it tastes shit here then that must be the Canadian production or transpottation because it is an awesome cloudy beer.

matt

alcid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirtymatt
No way. Hoegaarden is an amazing beer and one of the best that is produced in Holland if not Europe.
Except that it's Belgian, not dutch. ;)

If someone would rather drink Blue than Leffe, then by all means, go ahead - more Leffe for the beer lovers. Belgian beers are much different than Canadian beers, which tend to be styled more after the German variety.

voytek

TRIBE Member
haha, seriously, Blue over Leffe? you should get outta the continent more. Still, wheat beer is an acquired taste, so just keep trying and if you really love beer you'll get it one day.

Hacker-Pschorr over both Hoegaarden and Leffe for me though.:D Now that's a beer glass.

And I've lost all faith in canadian beer altoghether. Gave it a fair chance all these years but not one stuck with me as an outstanding drink, so in my auld age it's mostly Tuborg and wheats for me. Can't beat half a millenium of tradition.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
You're straight trippin boo! :p
I've got a thing for nabbing those big hoegarrden glasses from bars... well not really, I've taken 3.. bu they're hype. I wish I could find a store that sold them. I'd buy like 20! :D

*cough* those glasses are $10 a piece *cough*

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
The best things in life are all acquired tastes, did you like red wine, coffee, guiness, the first time you tried it? Its a weird concept but you force yourself onto things and you acquire the supreme joy of acquired tastes, tasty beer, belgium style is great, you just gotta get used to it.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Don't get me wrong...I love European beers. All of my favourite beers are imports. But, Leffe honestly tastes like beer mixed with strong cough syrup.

And I stand by the Labatt Blue comment. I never drink Blue unless it's the only thing available, but at least I can finish a bottle of Blue.

diablo

TRIBE Member
No Belgian beers seem to agree with me. I've tried (and disliked) Hoegaarden, Leffe, Kriek...Stella is okay, but has lost some of its appeal with me.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I like Belgian beers. It's definitely an acquired taste. I wouldn't call Leffe one of the better ones but it's not that bad.

It's all about Kilkenny, Grasshopper, Amsterdam Blonde, Chimay, Duvel and Red Baron.

Beer is beer, really. I even like Labatt Ice. *shrug*

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
has anyone tried schneider weisse? i had one from KiFe's 'beers of the world' or some shazzz and it was mighty tasty. kinda like hoegaarden, only less uhhh bitter. and the bottles are so big, why, you could live in it.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Those beers of the world packages are fabulous.

*hint hint* Housewarming, cough.

I got Jer and Kris one of those Belgian ones and I ended up drinking all of them every time I was over cuz they didn't touch that shit.

I guess some people just don't like sweeter beers?

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
I prefer the Belgian beers over any Canadian beer. When I was in Belgium a few years ago I was drinking 8 to 12 different beers each day because with a country that has 800+ beers I had to try as many as I possibly could in the time I was there. I was only hung over once and that was from the last night I was there and we were trying to finish all of the beer we bought before heading to Amsterdam the next day.
Anyway i don't think I could mix and match Canadian beers all day and night with alcohol percentage averaging over 7% and not get really fucked up and sick.
Out of the 80 or so beers I tried I disliked maybe 5 of them.

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
I like Belgian beers. It's definitely an acquired taste. I wouldn't call Leffe one of the better ones but it's not that bad.

It's all about Kilkenny, Grasshopper, Amsterdam Blonde, Chimay, Duvel and Red Baron.

Beer is beer, really. I even like Labatt Ice. *shrug*

Kilkenny- YES. But doesnt taste as good here as in Dublin- just like Guinness etc isnt the same.

matt