1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Leave a f*cking message.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by AdamAnt, Aug 22, 2003.

1. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

Even if I have your number on the display.. If you hang up on the answering service, I'm not going to call you back.

Please leave a fucking message.

2. DaftPunky

DaftPunky TRIBE Member

3. squirrely

squirrely TRIBE Member

adam adam adam, first of all: deep breath now. c'mon bunny....breeeeathe......

second: i agree. fuckers.

4. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

*click*

5. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

YES. I AGREE.
    know how many we have call our house looking for my BF, rather than leave a message, they'll just keep calling & calling, every ten fucking minutes!

we aren't answering for a reason. I know who they are now. And they will feel the wrath of me.

6. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

I always look at my ident-i-call and don't necessarily listen to the message. So hang up as much as you want......I might not call you back either way. :)

7. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

Robbbbiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, we're meeeeeeeeeeting peeeeeeeeeeople!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*stressy face*

8. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

I get the hang ups at work all the time. I leave the phone on forward so I will call you back. But I see the red light, check messages, get a click. Sorry. If you want to talk to me, leave a message.

9. funkinbeats

funkinbeats TRIBE Member

fuck you

10. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

*starts shaking to the point of convulsions*

11. DaftPunky

DaftPunky TRIBE Member

I remember making a phone call once, getting the answering service, and the dude left a greeting along these lines:

Yeah, it's me. I can't take your call right now, so please leave a detailed message including a number where I can reach you. Thank-you.

Oh, and if you are planning on hanging up make sure you do it right now so that I don't hear the "click" as a message. If I hear this, I will first track down all the people important to you, and kill them. I will then steal all their possessions, then burn down their homes. Then I will find you, and remove all your toenails & fingernails with pliers, scalp you, douse you in gasoline and light you on fire. After you've been extinguished I will then bend you over and stick it up your ass so hard that your eyeballs will explode. Then I will start removing appendages one at a time until you are nothing but a torso with a head. Then you can give me the message you should have left me in the first place, and we'll be on our merry way.

Have a nice day!

That dude didn't get many phone calls I don't think. But I think he *might* have hated "hang-ups" more than you. Just a guess though...

12. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Leave a f*cking message.

sorry !

jk...that shit is almost as annoying as the DROP IN

13. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

I dont always leave a message. Sometimes I need to get a hold of a person right away, or theres no point. And if I hear an answering machine, I hang up.

Also, even if you hang up in the middle of an answering machine message, youll still get the click at the end because the answering service doesnt listen for dial tone to disconnect while the message is playing..

14. lok

lok TRIBE Member

Christ me too

My message was

"Im going to give you 5 seconds to hang up, otherwise, do us both a favor and leave a message"

Some people thought I was being abrasive.

15. DaftPunky

DaftPunky TRIBE Member

I remember testing this specifically, and my Bell answering service did NOT leave a "click" if I hung up before the beep. Hmmm...

16. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

haha.. you guys remind of people I know who used to screen calls with the old answering machines that had speakers built in.

'hello... hey are you there? pick up the phone, it's me... oh well-<picks up phone> hey i'm here i'm here <loud feedback ensues>"

17. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

What really pisses me off is when people don't leave their phone number on my voicemail at work. Like I know the cell number for anyone working on the road. Even at other locations, leave me your extension so I don't have to look it up.

Furthermore, tell me why you're calling for crying out loud. If just say, "It's so and so, call me back," you're definitely at the bottom of my priority list.

-- Jay aka Fut

18. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

wank fuckin' wank.

if someone doesn't leave a message it probably means they don't want to talk you that urgently anyway.

19. lok

lok TRIBE Member

then hang up the damn phone before it goes to record.

20. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

i prefer heavy breathing as opposed to hanging up, but each to his/her own!

21. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

boo fucking hoo, is it really that big of a deal?

Leave a message, don't leave a message. Who cares.

22. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

exactly, like your lives are that frickin' busy and bombarded with phone calls anyway.

23. lok

lok TRIBE Member

Im going to call you 8 times and leave one word messages that compose a single sentence. :D

24. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Re: Leave a f*cking message.

*smack upside the head*

hahaha..

yes the Hang-Up-Call-Back is right up there with the POPIN

we know how I feel about the pop in :mad:

25. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

Please don't, I'm scared to hit 7 on my phone that many times in a row. :rolleyes: