• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Leafs trade for Micheal Peca!!!

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Although I feel he'd fit well into their brand of hockey, I think they need a guy who isn't the captain of their current team. Too many cooks in the kitchen isn't a good thing.
 

billy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SneakyPete
I hope it doesn't happen and I don't think it will. You can't put Tucker and Peca in the same dressing room.
ya..really. even if tucker goes with the trade (which won't happen yet as the man is scoring again all of a sudden) peca's presence in the locker room would just be weird. he wouldn't mix with the rest of the team. keep him in new york so we can go beat his ass again.
 

zedtech

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rod_g
I thought he's going to Ottawa for Bonk
They backed down when Milbury asked for Volchencov (sp?) in return. Apparently he wants Stajan in any deal for Peca also as far as the Leafs are concerned. :rolleyes:
 

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JEMZ
Although I feel he'd fit well into their brand of hockey, I think they need a guy who isn't the captain of their current team. Too many cooks in the kitchen isn't a good thing.
Yea, I hope Domi knocks him out
 

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
I thought Peca just got hurt again? (knee on knee)

Give them Antropov,one hurt bum for another.Stajan isn't going any where,he's our only half descent future player.
 

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by billy
ya..really. even if tucker goes with the trade (which won't happen yet as the man is scoring again all of a sudden) peca's presence in the locker room would just be weird. he wouldn't mix with the rest of the team. .
This is an interesting point. Sundin is saying that the locker room is the best its been since he's been there. That, combined with the way we are playing, means that a trade for anyone would be highly unlikely as of right now.
 

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Musical Rush
I thought Peca just got hurt again? (knee on knee)

Give them Antropov,one hurt bum for another.Stajan isn't going any where,he's our only half descent future player.
see Resolver's post
 

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I heard they wanted to trade stajan as part of that deal.

if you ask me that's a SHIT trade...why trade for a guy who's fading out for a kid who's just begining to shine.

stajan is going to be great in the next few years!


peca can stay where he is.
 

mute79

TRIBE Member
i don't think getting peca for anyone would be smart... i don't see him fitting in with this club...

i'd say just flip antropov for another TOP blueliner, and keep the rest of the team as it is...
 

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
I think Peca would fit in really well. He knows Pat Quinn, Owen Nolan, Joe Nieuwendyk, and Ed Belfour from the Olympics. He is a respected player in the league, just not by Leaf fans. I think he is a quality player and a guy like him is essential if TO wants a chance to win the cup. He plays great D, wins a lot of draws and defensive zone faceoffs, and is a solid penalty killer. If he chips in a few goals, bonus.

Guys like him are assets in the playoffs. He just needs to get out of New York, if the Leafs could get a defenseman like Niinimaa or Aucoin as well they'd be poised for a run.
 
Top