1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Leafs Question

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 123fakest, Oct 12, 2005.

1. 123fakest

123fakest TRIBE Member

Who was the player a few years ago that was injured because of a strange illness he got while cutting his hand doing up his skates?

2. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

Was it Mike Ridley?? Not sure...

3. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

It happened to Belfour a few years ago. Got a staph infection when he cut his thumb on his skate.

link

4. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

Michael Renberg

5. Snapper

Snapper TRIBE Member

6. 123fakest

123fakest TRIBE Member

definately Renberg. Thought so..

"In December, teammate Mikael Renberg suffered an even more serious infection after he cut his hand while tying his skates. The wound became infected and Mr. Renberg was taken to hospital with a 104-degree fever. Doctors discussed amputating the hand in order to save his life. Mr. Renberg said he was fortunate the team's athletic therapist got him to hospital quickly enough to avoid amputation, maybe even death. He, and some other players, now wear gloves while lacing their skates to avoid cuts or blisters."
    http://www.cleansportsct.com/news2.html

now i need to find something to protect my blistered hands from my hockey gloves...

7. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

vasolene.

8. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Pilar's also fucked up, so is that swiss kid with the heart valve problem.