• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Leafs did it - TRADE

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
**Ok, not exactly Gonchar.....**

Maple Leafs acquire Berehowsky

TSN.ca Staff

2/11/2004

The Toronto Maple Leafs have picked up a defenceman to bolster their blueline, acquiring Drake Berehowsky from the Pittsburgh Penguins for defenceman Ric Jackman.

Jackman, 25, has appeared in 29 games this season with the Maple Leafs, recording six points (2+4) and 13 penalty minutes. Additionally, Jackman has appeared in three games with the Maple Leafs' AHL affiliate, St. John's, recording three points (2+1).

He has appeared in 111 career NHL games with Dallas, Boston and Toronto, recording 11 points (3+8) and 80 penalty minutes. Jackman was drafted by Dallas in the first round (5th overall) of the 1996 Entry Draft.

Berehowsky, 32, returns to the team that drafted him 10th overall in the 1990 NHL Entry Draft. He has appeared in 47 games this season with the Penguins, recording 21 points (5+16) and 50 penalty minutes.

The 6-2 and 217 pound native of Toronto has appeared in 540 career games with the Penguins, Toronto, Edmonton, Nashville, Vancouver and Phoenix, recording 146 points (36+110) and 831 penalty minutes.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I FUCKING HATE DRAKE BEREHOWSKY.

From his original stint here to now, I can not stand that fucker.

HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE.

:mad:

Thanks.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
they acquired a veteran defencemen near the end of his career in exchange for an experienced player with the better part of his career ahead of him

if they want solid hockey players with great instinct, veterans are the way to go

if they want a sucky team in 5 or so years, they're definately doing it right :)

hopefully by then they'll have won a stanley cup and made all this old-man recruiting worthwhile. ..

AVE

TRIBE Member
what the fucking hell??

Drake Berehowsky????

i'll never be able to yell RIC JACKMAN again??

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
How is it dumb, Jackman wasn't getting much ice time and was not going to in the near future anyways. Berehowsky is not going to get any ice time either, so it doesn't make a difference. The trade is just to make Jackman happy since he was complaining he wasn't getting any ice time. Why ruin someone's carreer?

SJN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SneakyPete
The trade is just to make Jackman happy since he was complaining he wasn't getting any ice time. Why ruin someone's carreer?
if that's the rationale for it, then it's going against the Leafs past track record

vench

TRIBE Promoter
they both stink.

but at least Drake is more experienced and Quinn might have more faith in him than in Jackman.

vench

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by SneakyPete
How is it dumb, Jackman wasn't getting much ice time and was not going to in the near future anyways. Berehowsky is not going to get any ice time either, so it doesn't make a difference. The trade is just to make Jackman happy since he was complaining he wasn't getting any ice time. Why ruin someone's carreer?
how is that not dumb? Trading one bench warmer for another? The Leafs need to improve, not make insignificant trades.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Well at least dude has 21 points as a defenseman on the lowest scoring team in the league......

You should see his +/- though...... :eek:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Sugar D
how is that not dumb? Trading one bench warmer for another? The Leafs need to improve, not make insignificant trades.
Improve? They're in the top 5 of all NHL teams right now and only a few points from 1st overall.

How much more do you want?!

Last edited:

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
Improve? They're in the top 5 of all NHL teams right now and only a few points from 1st overall.

How much more do you want?!
They are struggling to be at the top, because there are so many injuries, one after another. Come playoff time, when would everybody have time to gel?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Cydome

TRIBE Member
I'm glad, Jackman was a Jack-ass. Now he can go fumble teh puck around for some other team, or as mentioned above, warm the bench...

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sugar D
Yeah, because making an insignificant move is dumb. :rolleyes: This move has nothing to do with their preparation for the playoffs, though one can argue a complaining player can disrupt the dressing room chemistry, but that's minimal in this case. A significant trade will happen, just wait.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
They are struggling to be at the top, because there are so many injuries, one after another. Come playoff time, when would everybody have time to gel?
That won't be an issue. It's not like these guys haven't played together before. Plus, all the players have been playing on different lines all the time, it wouldn't be much different when inserting injured players* back in.

*these players are superior to the players that they have replacing them right now.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
everytime i look at my mogilny jersey hanging up on my wall i wimper
I have a picture of him in my car. Does anyone know when Alexander the Great will be back?