1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Leafs 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bernnie Federko, May 8, 2017.

  1. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

    Seasons over
     
  2. SneakyPete

    SneakyPete TRIBE Member

    I haven't heard the fat lady sing.

    Tommy Plek had the game of his life. Who knew.
     
  3. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

    Lots went right. Freddie was making saves like he was Brodeur, goaltenders best friend showed up, good home ice bounces, timely misses by Boston, good pinching by the defense and Marleau & Plekanec were righteous.
     
  4. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

    Horrendous 3rd period by Gardiner and Andersen.
     
  5. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

  6. SneakyPete

    SneakyPete TRIBE Member

  7. acheron

    acheron TRIBE Member

    why do the Leafs forget what playoff hockey is like? And in particular what the Bruins are like in the Playoffs? They keep a reserve of energy for the third period. The Leafs keep blowing all their energy in the first half of the game and have nothing left in the last 20 mins.
     
  8. kennyboy

    kennyboy TRIBE Member

    See my post in NHL playoff thread.

    Leafs are not even close to competing in the playoffs.
     
  9. Variant

    Variant TRIBE Member

    lol. they were one period away from advancing. they almost did so against the team with the second best defensive record of any playoff team. their core group are a bunch of sophomores facing a team that has 9 guys with rings. they could have easily been swept after the first two games but took the series to 7 games and almost won.. and thats with a shitty ass defense.

    if you look at how chicago built their dynasty team they missed the playoffs the year after their team was assembled. then the next year they had vancouver and calgary before getting steamrolled by an actual contender in detroit. in our first year we had to take on the presidents trophy winners and took every game to OT. this year they got a top 3 team in the league and a favorite to win it all. you could argue we look better in our current stage of the rebuild then chicago looked at the same point in theirs.

    tl;dr: there's no reason to panic.
     
  10. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

    Lamoriello shuffled off to pasture and...

     
  11. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

    Dubas named GM
     
    SneakyPete likes this.
  12. SneakyPete

    SneakyPete TRIBE Member

    Great move. I didn't understand the hype surrounding Mark Hunter.
     
  13. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

  14. kyfe

    kyfe TRIBE Member

    Hunter and Lou gone, kudos to both for helping set this team up with a solid foundation and front office

    now it's up to Dubas to add the final pieces
     
  15. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

    Did Hunter and LL do anything magical other than afford Dubas time to develop? Did they make any great picks or sign great UFA's?
     
  16. kyfe

    kyfe TRIBE Member

    Picked Mitch
    traded for
    Calvin Pickard

    Frederik Andersen
    Connor Carrick
    ----------------
    Got Rid of Dion


     
  17. SneakyPete

    SneakyPete TRIBE Member

    I think the media is giving Hunter too much credit. From what I understood Dubas ran the draft the Marner draft year(and that was a very draft year for them) Hunter probably was the reason they drafted Marner over Hanifin, but if you're going to go down road you can say he missed on Werenski or Barzal. Hunter did run the drafts in the years after that and those picks don't seem as good(they tend to be big players with not much upside).

    As for Lou there's actually an article in The Athletics grading each one of his moves. Overall they gave him a B-, which I think is fair. Some of the moves that were graded A or A+ were: Phaneuf trade(getting rid of contract),Polak to SJ trade,Connor Carrick trade,Kadri and Rielley's contracts,Bringing Zaitev over(his second contract got a D grade),McElhinney two years at $850000,Hyman's second contract.

    Overall:
     
  18. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

    I could've picked Marner.
    The Andersen pickup so far hasn't proven special, although there's been more than a hint he has another level. Maybe with a seasoned + upgraded defence we'll see better out of him with the series on the line (he had some Hasek-esque saves in the series, but did a shit in G7).
     
  19. SneakyPete

    SneakyPete TRIBE Member

    Taveres to Leafs or nah?

    I give it 40% chance back to Islanders, 30% to Leafs, and the remainder 30% split between the teams got the interview.
     
    Bernnie Federko likes this.
  20. Bernnie Federko

    Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

    I think he goes to a tax haven like Dallas (or Tampa)
     
  21. SneakyPete

    SneakyPete TRIBE Member

    This was a take from The Athletics:

     
  22. SneakyPete

    SneakyPete TRIBE Member

    35% Leafs 30% sharks 5%Isles and rest between the other teams now.
     
  23. ndrwrld

    ndrwrld TRIBE Member

    JVR to Philly. Bozak to Blues.

    TIME TO SIGN TAVARES !
     
  24. SneakyPete

    SneakyPete TRIBE Member

    75%Leafs 25% SJ now. Leafs just backed out of a bunch of free agents.
     
  25. ndrwrld

    ndrwrld TRIBE Member

    tavares is a Leaf. 7 year deal.

    fuck yeah.
     

Share This Page