• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Leaf game tonight

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Are you going to watch it? It has been a tough, hard-hitting series where the home team has won every game, so let's hope that trend continues tonight.

After Montreal and Ottawa have already advanced, it'd be nice to have three Canadian teams in the second round, don't ya think? And if the Leafs do win, they'll face their pals from the East, the Senators, which we all know will be another hard-hitting, rough and tumble affair.

Let's go Leafs!

vench

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I haven't missed a single game all season.

I'm allready nervous about tonight...

corson out for this one too....man oh man, it's going to be a nail biter for sure dude.

but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mcbee

TRIBE Member
^^^corson was suspending for one game for kicking an islander during the fight at the end of game 6.

i'll be watching the game tonite for two reasons: 1) i'm definately cheering for the leafs!! 2) my boyfriend is playoff OBSESSED and our tv will only be tuned to playoffs from now until june:rolleyes:

:)sarah

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
I hafta work from 5 till 11!

During Leaf playoff games I believe any work shift should be classified as cruel and unusual punishment.

Btw, there is no way the Leafs will lose tonight.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
nail bitter for sure,

game to be watch at local watering hole, aka Mickey Fynns, on Carlton across from ye ol Maple Leaf Gardens. The Leafs need to learn to stay out of the penelty box for gods sake!! Islander power play is killing them.

finary

TRIBE Promoter
GO LEAFS!@#!@#

I'm sporting my leafs jersey at the office today, balls to the dress code!

I don't think im going to do any work today... it'll be much more productive to just walk around all day and scream things about the leafs and boost morale! :D

/finary

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
woohoo - GO LEAFS :D:D!!!!
I'm hyped for this game!

and I can't even imagine how many times the gloves are going to be dropped tonight.
its going to be goooood :D!

Fir3start3r

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rosey

ummmm, corsten?

ps everybody in the whole world except for you knew about the corson thing already :p
Doh.....fraudian slip.....hehe....that made me laugh....thx :p

Sheesh....try to become non-computer dependant for a day and the sky falls....damn....

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
The only issue is where to watch it

I WISH they hadn't gotten rid of playdium on John....they had that 40 foot screen with smoking and a bar, and upstiars at the very top they had all kinds of hype little private areas with big screens and lazy boys etc.

it was A KINGS PALACE for watching sports.

now I usually go to HOOPS On yonge just north on college, which has a load of tvs projector screens, and if you get a booth, each booth has it's own private small tv for your table guests....it's pretty rad....and they get a good turn out each game so there's a good buzz in the air.

worth checking out....but early cause it get filled up fast.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I am NOT watching the game. For a couple of reasons.

Now, I am a rabid Leafs/hockey fan. I have followed he Leafs since I was 5 years old. (A long time, when you're a grampa like me! ;) ) I have NOT enjoyed watching ANY of this series, and quite frankly, I'm nervous about this game. My gut tells me the Leafs are going to lose. Don't ask why, just a hunch.

Those are my ancillary (LOOK IT UP! :p ) reasons for not watching the game.

My main reason is that I have something more important than hockey to me to engage in. If you knew me, you would know that something would have to be pretty fucking out of this world important to miss seeing a game seven of a playoff series, even a series that is pissing me off and making me bite my nails.

BBB.

Meh. I hope I'm wrong about my hunch. :(

tobywan

TRIBE Member
yeah, gonna be a tense one for sure....but I think the Leafs will prevail.....it's been a home team series so far, and it's continue that way!

The ACC crowd is gonna be L.O.U.D.

Bias

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
i'm so nervous about tonite's game..

i really hope that cujo stands up and plays like a man tonite.. he is the only that is holding us back from the second round.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheeka
woohoo - GO LEAFS :D:D!!!!

and I can't even imagine how many times the gloves are going to be dropped tonight.
only if it's more than a 2-goal spread with less than 5 to go...
I don't think you'll be seeing the same shenanigans - this game's too important and any personal revenges will be exacted next season.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
i'm so nervous about tonite's game..

i really hope that cujo stands up and plays like a man tonite.. he is the only that is holding us back from the second round.

I don't think that's a fair statement.....he hasn't been grate, I'll admit that....but the rest of the teams been a pretty big flop at times too.

wouldn't say he's the ONLY thing holding us back at all.

regardless, he'll have to be sharp tonight for sure.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
his goals against average is over 3.0 and his save percentage is under .900... that's pretty horrible.
Yeah, his save percentage is like .860 something. That's ass. He has let in 18 goals in the last 4 games. That is ass.

I want the Curtis Jospeh who fucking drove the Leafs to distraction in 92 or 93 when we met the Blues in the second round. HE was fucking GIGANTIC.

BBB.

Then again, so was Potvin. :)

Ah, Dougie's triple overtime dipsy-doodle wraparound, one of my fave Leaf memories EVAR!

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
his goals against average is over 3.0 and his save percentage is under .900... that's pretty horrible.
it is, I agree.....but I mean, that stat is also due in large part to the 6-1 loss, as the rest of the games were fairly close.

and I do agree, he hasn't been good at all, but all our games in Long Island have been a pretty wack team effort as a whole.....

either way, we're saying the same thing...but the rest of the team is going to have to be better than they have been in the NY games to help the guy out.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
the guy's clearly injured; luckily Osgood's mostly sucked too.

I just hope if Cujo doesn't play well tonite, people won't start all the revisionist history about him not taking the Leafs to the next step: The fact of the matter is that the Leafs had no business being in the conference final in 1999 and wouldn't have been without him, and the last 2 years they lost to the Devils (who were champs and runners-up) and were extremely competitive in large part due to Cujo.