• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Le Tigre!!

Suedehead

TRIBE Member
Finally got to see them and they were lots of fun. I must say that Montreal locals Les Georges Leningrad were so fucking good!!

Decepticon of course got the most applauds but they opened with their cover of Pointer Sister's "Excited" and it that really took the cake. It rocked.

-E

aether

TRIBE Member
yes, that was one damned good concert.

le tigre did a fantastic job. Everyone I went with is nursing their Kathleen Hanna crushes this week. I haven't seen everybody jump up and down like that at a toronto rock show in... a long time.

And I was glad I showed up for the opening bands. "Les Georges Leningrad" are someone I'd go see again even if they were playing by themselves. Picture the scene in Bladerunner with the poor aging guy and his toys. The girls dressed as broken dolls, guys with ridiculous mustaches, masks.. and everyone looking thoroughly broken. only, rocking out.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Honestly, the two opening bands were pretty shitty. Both had their moments, but on the whole they were big dissapointments.

Im suprised some people went JUST for "Les Georges Leningrad", however once Le Tigre started rocking out all was grood.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
I was at the front after losing my friend for the night, i honestly didn't think le tigre had such a following in TO...

kathleen hanna looks a lot like lara flynn boyle after a monstrous ice cream binge so I'll go with 6.5/10

very average show at best not very thought provoking...all good fun though:)

t@nkgirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kalemic
FUCKING FUCK, FUCKITY FUCK, FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

How did I miss this?!?!?!

Not happy. :mad: :(
i missed it too. i was rocking back and forth in the fetal position muttering profanity. btw i had food poisoning. pictures anyone?

Suedehead

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
Honestly, the two opening bands were pretty shitty. Both had their moments, but on the whole they were big dissapointments.

Im suprised some people went JUST for "Les Georges Leningrad", however once Le Tigre started rocking out all was grood.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

I have to disagree Chubbs, Les Georges Leningrad were wonderful, far from a disappointment live. I loved how raw they were, I am certainly not looking for perfection when encountered with a band like theirs.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Suedehead
I have to disagree Chubbs, Les Georges Leningrad were wonderful, far from a disappointment live. I loved how raw they were, I am certainly not looking for perfection when encountered with a band like theirs.
What do you mean by perfection? I too like raw sounding bands, Sonic Youth are brilliant musicians & sound really raw live but they are skilled at that sound. When I pay money to see a performer I want to see them have their skill honed, so I'm not sure why you would be looking for any less?

In terms of aether's comment, I think that the crowd was pretty subdued but much better than when Le Tigre was here last year where hardly anyone moved & Kathleen Hanna actually commented on the placidity of the crowd. I was dancing my ass off, I mean how can you not shake your hips when Keep on Livin is blasting throughout the venue ?

No doubt, their following is getting much bigger since their work albeit dramatic to chicks on speed & the whole electro trend. Although, I find with bands of that milieu, they seem to be doing similar shit to Le Tigre but I don't think they get it like Le Tigre does. Maybe because kathleen hanna still has the angst of the bikini kill days & Le Tigre was never abut the whole electroclash thing to begin with. Kill Rock Stars so Kathleen can become one, after all no? :D

I love their choreographed dances.

Overall, great show but I felt the audience was a bit too much of a fashion spread out of Vice for me.

:) magda