1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

LCD TV Stand/Mount

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by slice, Mar 15, 2010.

1. slice

slice TRIBE Member

Recommend one for a 40"

I originally wanted to mount it on the wall, but don't want to bust holes in them anymore. I'd like something along the lines of this one:

[​IMG]

But something a bit skinner and sleeker.

2. Hybrid

Hybrid TRIBE Member

I'm rather partial TO the wooden easal look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

I've got my TV on my floor. Viewing angle is just fine... I'm thinking of adding a shelf on top to put flowers and stuff.. It seems to be the perfect height for that... almost the same height as a picture rail.

4. bitchass

bitchass TRIBE Member

There is often one at Costco that is similar to the first one pictured. Its not a regularly stocked item but when its in, its under $300.

5. starr

starr TRIBE Member

google BDI usa.

you're welcome.

6. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

those tv stands are fine if you are living in space, as they will match your other nasa themed decor.

7. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

haha

8. slice

slice TRIBE Member

Good one. Works out that there's a dealer near where I live (liberty village).

BUT..the one I want and that is well suited is $895. It costs more than the actual TV. LOL.

9. salad

salad TRIBE Member

I concur! I bought a BDI 9960 for my TV a few years ago to avoid the whole "holes in the wall problem" and it allows me to move the TV if I choose to.

They are not the cheapest stands, but when you put it together, you will realize that the money spent has gone towards a sturdy, well-manufactured product.

[​IMG]

10. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

Not to be shitty but stand pictures always/only look good because they don't show the fucking mess of wires coming out the back of them

11. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

That said the wood easel is pretty cool