1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

LCD Soundsystem

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by erika, May 26, 2010.

1. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I'm just listening to this video in which they dedicated their set to Will Munro; the set sounds great.
    Who was there? What did you think?
    C'mon!!

2. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

holy ghost seemed slow to start (not a strong stage presence really) but i just assumed the more they drank the more they kinda just strung it out and started having fun, they they got better.

LCD was fun as fuck, afterparty was just as fun if a bit more (but i'm totally partial to disco). for lack of a detailed explanation that show was 5 years in the making for me and ma boy and it exceeded our expectations + wrongbar was a proper step up after all was said and done.

technics1200

3. sam

sam TRIBE Member

Erica! I know you had your hesitations about going to this show after seeing them at the same venue is 2005.

I will say this about this years show....it was simply amazing. They have matured so much as a band and they sounded incredibly tight!

Most of their setlist was comprised of songs from their firest two albums but they did showcase Drunk Girls, Pow Pow, All I Want and I Can Change from their new release.

They did Losing My Edge as part of their encore, which was amazing to hear live again....and they closed with New York, I Love You (with the Empire State of Mind coda)

The venue was full, and the crowd was incdredibly mixed (ravers, rockers, jocks, you name it!!) It was a hot, sweaty dance-a-thon for sure!!

The only thing missing from this show was the incredible live version they did of Throw by Carl Craig/Paperclip People last show I saw from them (2005)....

4. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

A live version of THROW??!?? holy shit that would kill.

Finally reachin Vancouver tomorrow, might stay the night for the show in Stanley Park.

(wouldn't have to pay! just like Sunnyside, hang outside!)

5. sam

sam TRIBE Member

6. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

what was that 80's track that was played right b4 and as they came on?

bueller?

7. sam

sam TRIBE Member

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

stupid westjet not letting me change to an earlier flight, argh...

9. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

I have digital camera footage of that very performance/song, buried somewhere in my hard drives

10. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

you, my friend; are fuckin money! respect still.

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

11. sam

sam TRIBE Member

Please find!! And please post!!

I have been trying to find decent footage of them doing this song anywhere to no avail.

12. sam

sam TRIBE Member

13. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

I saw them in Montreal. They were boring. I left after about 6 songs.
    I went in hoping to just be entertained mildly and they weren't doing that for me at all.
    Lead vocalist can't sing for shit, and the rest of the band looked like a rich kid art school project gone amuck.

14. erika

erika TRIBE Member

^
    ahahaha a long time ago a friend of mine used to do the comparison between art school bands and music bands (though I do like these guys)