• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LCD Monitors...

Woody

TRIBE Member
I'm looking to get a new monitor for my PC and don't really know what I should be looking for in an LCD monitor. If anyone could enlighten me I would apprecaite it.

Essentially I am looking for a 19" flat screen. probably in the $300 - $400 range...

Dialog

TRIBE Member
rod_g said:
If $300-$400 is your price range, i'd recommend the Viewsonic 19" VX924

Ive had mine for a while now, and it's best screen I've ever owned. If you play games or watch movies, it has the fastest refresh time out there for LCD's, 3ms.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=007372&cid=MT.983
Hey, I'm thinking about getting something in this range in May. I was curious how this flat panel handles dual-input; is there a specific button on the display, or is it done via software or onscreen menus? I presently have a 19" Sony Trinitron that has a button-based input switch, and I prefer the direct simplicity of this approach.

rod_g

TRIBE Member
I'm almost positive I remember seeing an input select on the OSD (on screen display).. Never had both inputs going on it at the same time so I can't say for sure. If you can't find anything on the net, let me know and I can check when I get home for u

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
rod_g said:
If $300-$400 is your price range, i'd recommend the Viewsonic 19" VX924

Ive had mine for a while now, and it's best screen I've ever owned. If you play games or watch movies, it has the fastest refresh time out there for LCD's, 3ms.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=007372&cid=MT.983
But if the 19" and 17" are both 1280x1024 resolution, wouldn't it just make sense to get the 17" to get the better picture? Unless he springs for a 20".

rod_g

TRIBE Member
AZ, I'd prefer the larger view area over the 17", it's damn sharp at 19" 1280x1024 aswell. Trust me, there's no sacrifice

Dialog, i'm not hip on the brightness terminology sorry buddy

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories