• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

LCBO pays $650,000 for this logo for the Ontario Cannabis Store bahahahaha

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
DX4O1ZNWAAACFSm.jpg

Stop Bill C-10

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
No past or present non-licensed user will set foot in these establishments, other than for curiousity and pure shits and giggles.

It’s no different than the old-school, early 70s LCBO. Black ties and white shirts, hawking hidden “treasures”, in brown paper bags. Shhhhh. Nothing to see here. ...and mind the children.

Thanks. I think I’ll stick with my many other - less Puritan - options.

Tourists and newbs with no friends that partake gon be lovin yo shit tho!

praktik

TRIBE Member
People should read up on the end Prohibition of alcohol.

Took a long time, a few decades, for the black market to turn grey and then more years for all the outfits that were selling booze to either become legal or move on to other things.

So it shall be with this.

But in both cases, the End of Prohibition was just smart policy.

Took some extra years to set the policy right, and in many ways alcohol laws are still kind of fucked up.

Still, better than prohibition and breaking up families over consumption and sale of drugs.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
People should read up on the end Prohibition of alcohol.

Took a long time, a few decades, for the black market to turn grey and then more years for all the outfits that were selling booze to either become legal or move on to other things.

So it shall be with this.

But in both cases, the End of Prohibition was just smart policy.

Took some extra years to set the policy right, and in many ways alcohol laws are still kind of fucked up.

Still, better than prohibition and breaking up families over consumption and sale of drugs.
Make no bones... This model provides lots of room for the break-up of families. See the police budget. Watch it grow as the monopolistic greed-heads use public funds and the biggest gang around to crush their competition.

The folks who need to read up on the history of and approach to alcohol legalization are the very same ones who are willfully ignoring its failures.

To suggest that these “growing pains” are inevitable is to deny that its posssible to learn from past mistakes.

This isn’t about harm reduction. This is about $$$. No more and no less.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya - still its amazing that people wont go to jail for consuming pot anymore.

End of Prohibition had to come. And it has to come for other things too.

As with everything, progress will be incremental and probably too slow and policy will be dumb before it gets smart - look at new brunswick,

But make no mistake - this is a better direction than hiring more cops and judges and throwing people in jail for having a drug less harmful than alcohol

If we're talking stupid policy?

The absolute dumbest fucking policy ever invented was Prohibition - everyone knows it was the dumbest thing ever for alcohol.

everyone knows its dumb as fuck for weed too.

Fewer people - but still plenty - know its ALSO dumb as fuck for drugs like cocaine and heroine.

And THAT policy is "all about the money" - the money streams that go to cartels, prisons, judges, cops and all the infrastructure that keeps the War on Drugs alive.

Its ALWAYS about money mondieu, and one of the dumbest dumb as fuck things about Prohibition is how WASTEFUL of money it is - and human life.

Lets welcome the incremental steps away from REAL DUMB policy into LESS DUMB

praktik

TRIBE Member
How about the conservative freakout about pot extending to renters and condos now?

Even my dad is saying peeps on his board in his building in ottawa are asking him when they should come up with their own policy.

Since my dad chairs their board he's told me if this guy keeps pressing he's going to ask how the hell he plans to enforce it and whether, if thats the idea, shouldn't the board disallow consumption of alcohol in suites since its so much more harmful?

Ottawa mayor is making big political hay about banning it in all apartments AND balconies

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Ya - still its amazing that people wont go to jail for consuming pot anymore.

End of Prohibition had to come. And it has to come for other things too.

As with everything, progress will be incremental and probably too slow and policy will be dumb before it gets smart - look at new brunswick,

But make no mistake - this is a better direction than hiring more cops and judges and throwing people in jail for having a drug less harmful than alcohol

If we're talking stupid policy?

The absolute dumbest fucking policy ever invented was Prohibition - everyone knows it was the dumbest thing ever for alcohol.

everyone knows its dumb as fuck for weed too.

Fewer people - but still plenty - know its ALSO dumb as fuck for drugs like cocaine and heroine.

And THAT policy is "all about the money" - the money streams that go to cartels, prisons, judges, cops and all the infrastructure that keeps the War on Drugs alive.

Its ALWAYS about money mondieu, and one of the dumbest dumb as fuck things about Prohibition is how WASTEFUL of money it is - and human life.

Lets welcome the incremental steps away from REAL DUMB policy into LESS DUMB
Agreed on all of this. I just don’t care for half-assed and disingenuous, when there are tomes of evidence that show how backward this approach is. These so called “growing-pains” could be easily circumvented if the lessons of the past and models of other locations were considered. They’re NOT being considered because this cow is gonna be milked near dry by flip-flopping greed-heads during the novelty phase, before any real sense of normalcy sets in.

Interesting to note, however, that “consumption” has never been illegal. “Possession” is illegal and will still be an indictable offence, above a government mandated quantity.

I can’t even count the number of times I’ve smiled at Officer Kick-ass, as I ate the roach. ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders