• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Layne Staley Vigil

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
I don't understand why they're doing it.

I bet there will be like, 8 people there.

They're trying to connect it with the one out west
 

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I saw them open for Van Halen (I know) in 1991. He told the entire audience to "shut the fuck up," and then made fun of peameal bacon and Canada in general. He was very clever. I will carry that warm rememberence of layne staley with me always.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
i remember the peameal bacon society of canada making a big stink about that. didn't they threaten to sue him for defemation? i believe that precident was used in the beef industry vs oprah case.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I heard about this on Much. Who is actually organizing it? I don't get it. When Kurt died there was no vigil here. <shrug>

~jen
 

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
I heard about this on Much. Who is actually organizing it? I don't get it. When Kurt died there was no vigil here. <shrug>

~jen
Actually there was one for him...just don't know where..one of the guys i was talking too at the time went to it at some church.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Ah, okay...I'm sure there were smaller ones but having this one at Nathan Phillips Square makes it sound like they expect thousands of people...which nobody did for Kurt.

I loved AIC but I don't really understand what this is all about. It's not like we live in Seattle and Jerry Cantrell and the newly-blonde Chris Cornell will show up.

~jen
 

LoopeD

TRIBE Member
I'm still pissed I missed the Jerry Garcia "vigil" (actually it was more of a party). A Deadhead I used to know gave me a flyer for it and I never went........:(





:)d
 

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
I think the fact that he had a 15 year heroin addiction that ruined his career, and the fact that they didn't release anything in the last 6 years, makes this whole situation rediculous, if not sad.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rentat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
Ah, okay...I'm sure there were smaller ones but having this one at Nathan Phillips Square makes it sound like they expect thousands of people...which nobody did for Kurt.

I loved AIC but I don't really understand what this is all about. It's not like we live in Seattle and Jerry Cantrell and the newly-blonde Chris Cornell will show up.

~jen
I totally agree. Love AIC but wouldn't go even if I lived in TO.
Chris Cornell is newly blonde?
 

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentat


I totally agree. Love AIC but wouldn't go even if I lived in TO.
Chris Cornell is newly blonde?
Yeah, he is...there's a photo of him at the Seattle vigil with Jerry Cantrell, but unfortunately I can't find it.

~jen
 
Top