• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Lawler @ System

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
I was actually searching around for confirmation on the possibility of Digweed coming in March... went to the balance site and remembered Lawler was supposed to be here soon too...

Looks like it's the 19th of March... @ System of course!... yay..

okok so this probably isn't news to most... and maybe I'm a little early on the roll call.......

......BUT I'M EXCITED SO TOO BAD! :p

30 sleeps and counting... give or take a sleep...

Darren

beatjunkie

TRIBE Member
Early is good!

I have been awaiting his return to System for way too long.
You can bet it will be overpacked but I guess that comes with territory of having one of the dirtiest house DJ's on the planet in the club. By then the renovations should be done and the sound show be top notch.
(hopefully)

SJN

TRIBE Member
should be a good one - his set at the Guv a few months ago was awesome.....
I think Coleridge is supposed to be opening for him.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DoubleDown

TRIBE Member
another reason (which I keep forgetting about) why I'm really looking forward to this event is the renovatoins at system (that from what I've heard are coming along nicely) will be finished and I'll have my first peak at the new look/sound/feel... Steve Lawler + System v2.0 = yay!

mercure

TRIBE Promoter
Definitely going to this. I can't wait to see Lawler play an extended set at System, and with the renovations complete too. And really looking forward to hearing Matt open. This is definitely going to be THE event I'm looking forward to this month. (It would have been the Italian techno night, but since Lawler is on a Friday I'm going to be able to go at a much harder pace...)

Special K

TRIBE Member
look out for this

you guys should check out a newish Lawler set that ive been listening to non-stop for the past week or so...

its close to a 3 hour set that was recorded @ THE MISSION in Bucharest on the 6th of February...there are some VERY COOL tunes on there...the first part is typical Lawler drumminess, the second and third parts are more dirty house (lots of electro/acid/funky/tech influences) sounding...

:cool:

Rowghani

TRIBE Member
lawler is so good. I remember him @ kool haus with satoshi, he was awesome. I would love to know how long he will spin for. Is he at aria the day after system?

Also, im not sure how much guestlist is available but if anybody needs it email richard@releaserecords.com to see if spots are available

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
Also boyz & girlz ... if you are planning to hit any of the other System events over the course of the weekend - Swamp, Dopey, or DJ Dan ... it might be worth picking up an all weekend pass - think they are $35 ...

I am definitely going to have to take the Monday off after this weekend!! :)

Haven't seen Lawler in a very long time ... looking forward to seeing what he has to offer ...

Linds x

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Nesta

TRIBE Member
i'll be seeing lawler throw down for 5 hours at the end in london the following friday. yippeeeeeee! :D

Rowghani

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by todiefor
lawler more tribal, or hard/prog house? never seen him before, what's his style?
usually kick ass house (ie tribal etc) but sometimes gets way too techy :(