• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Law & Order svu question.....

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
and this is a long shot because im not even sure if it was svu might hae been one of the other ones, but i need to find out from what season or what episode this is called the plot line went something like there was a kid who killed someone by burning them went to juvie got out did it again and at the end of the episode his mother takes the stand and gives a dramatic speech abut how he shuold be locked away forever cause he's a monster... ya total long hot but any help even the series will help me a greatdeal thanks
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
No, seriously, something similar happened in that episode, though I can't recall a mom doing any speech.

Check the nbc site and do a search on L&O (not svu) and check out season 8, burned. It'll give you a description of the epsiode.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
hmm I'm not sure if thats the one this one appeared to me in my vague memory to be a little more recent but it involved burning a young kid that gets out of juvie and then does it again and the mother begs for the judge to keep him in jail saying he'll kill again, is this episode available on dvd?
 

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
I want that episode because i wanted to use the mothers speech for a new track actually and havent been able to figure out what fuckin episode it was for months im not even sure if thats the one but I'm really dying to get acopy of it
 
ah.

only thing I can think of is read through all the episode descriptions for L&O and L&O SVU for the past couple of years.

if you really want it that badly, it should only take you about 1/2 hour to do, then you can track down the dvd.

pretty simple tho.

think you can handle it?
 

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
I didnt want to have t go to such extreme lengths I emailed nbc, but in the mean time if anyone has that episode on tape or dvd and could confirm or deny that its season 8 episode called burned id be very appreciative. Furthermore If anyone out there could rip me the mothers final speech into a wav file theres 20 bucks in it for ya if u send it to me. thanks
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KickIT

TRIBE Member
First I don't think there's been 8 seasons of L&O SVU.
Secondly, the L&O franchise is severely behind in its DVD releases (only Season 1) has been released.
Third, I wouldn't tell NBC you want to use that speech in a track as that is a copyright violation.

*c*
 

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
Season 2


23. Wrong Is Right
gs: Ice-T (Detective Odafin Tutuola (uncredited)) J.K. Simmons (Dr. Emil Skoda) John Doman (Munch's Informant) Lance Reddick (Medical Examiner Taylor) Adam Kaufman (Michael Goran) Stephanie March (ADA Alexandria Cabot) Gerry Bamman (Craig Prince) Erin Broderick (Maureen Stabler) John Driver (Police Commissioner Lyle Morris) Paul Wasilewski (Danny Burrell) Nathan J. Wetherington (Jason Sloan) Laura Regan (Denise Sandler) Lauren Kressel (Student #2) Michael X. Martin (Principal Dietz) Christopher Wynkoop (Local Police Officer) Geoffrey C. Ewing (Ralph Noble) Denise Burse (Counselor Schneider) Albert Bigelow (Ryan Witherspoon) Suzanne Grodner (Teacher) Michael Hollick (Coach) T.J. Kenneally (Public Defender Eisenbrath) John A. McGinty (Policeman #1) Elizabeth Martin (School Secretary) Curtis Holbrook (Student #1) Isabel Gillies (Kathy Stabler)

Stabler's daughter, Maureen, bears witness to a horrific crime scene: the murder of a man who was set on fire. The internal investigation into the psyches of the SVU detectives yields interesting results.


sound familiar?
 

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
First I don't think there's been 8 seasons of L&O SVU.
There hasn't. I think they're on their second season (or perhaps third?). DIWC was referring to just L&O, not L&O SVU.
 

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
ya he was talking about regular law and order not svu (very well could have been im sketchy on the details)
and i didnt tell nbc why i wanted info on the episode, besides noone follows jungle outside its small world so i doubt that even if this tune makes it farther then dubplate to get pressed, noone at nbc will ever know or bother to sue over a tune that has les then 5000 copies theres no money in it for them, if there ws money in it i could always release on white labels. lawyers wory about copy rights not artists, if i ever got sued over some shit id luv to get a chance to express my views in a court of law
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
not sure i gotta ask my buddy hes more clear on the details anyone know if season 8 of reguar law and order is out?
 

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by unique2100
not sure i gotta ask my buddy hes more clear on the details anyone know if season 8 of reguar law and order is out?
Originally posted by KickIT
the L&O franchise is severely behind in its DVD releases (only Season 1) has been released.
 

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by unique2100
ya he was talking about regular law and order not svu (very well could have been im sketchy on the details)
and i didnt tell nbc why i wanted info on the episode, besides noone follows jungle outside its small world so i doubt that even if this tune makes it farther then dubplate to get pressed, noone at nbc will ever know or bother to sue over a tune that has les then 5000 copies theres no money in it for them, if there ws money in it i could always release on white labels. lawyers wory about copy rights not artists, if i ever got sued over some shit id luv to get a chance to express my views in a court of law

i dunno a lot about this (as in exact numbers or specific case examples) but i wouldn't depend on that reasoning ... bottom line they can sue and take whatever proceeds you make and a whole lot more. i understand where you're coming from when you say an artist doesn't worry about these things, but that could come back to bite you on the ass. It's your career, and you should do your best to understand the business side of it so that (a) you don't get screwed and (b) you can avoid potential pitfalls such as lawsuits.

i have a friend who used a lot of samples on a cd he put together and it's a great cd but it can't go anywhere now because basically he'd get sued up the ying yang. you could be limiting your own success, y'see.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
ya I'm aware of the risks of sample use, but ur talking about music that is based on and around the sharing and using of beat samples an taking form other sources, Do yuo think shy fx cleared the sample from goodfellas that leads the original nuttah? not likely, did benny blanco clear that sample from carlitos way? did/does everyone pay royalties to the amen brothers for there break that was a building point for a whoe genre of music? not likely sampling is an accepted practice throughout electronic music I'm ewell versed and educated inthe industry, I'm not afraid of nbc trying to take a bite out of me for some obscure sample if they do then I'm obviously pretty successful adn I'll take it in stride
 

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
No, seriously, something similar happened in that episode, though I can't recall a mom doing any speech.

Check the nbc site and do a search on L&O (not svu) and check out season 8, burned. It'll give you a description of the epsiode.


Yeah it was the original series but i don't know what season.
 

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by unique2100
ya I'm aware of the risks of sample use, but ur talking about music that is based on and around the sharing and using of beat samples an taking form other sources, Do yuo think shy fx cleared the sample from goodfellas that leads the original nuttah? not likely, did benny blanco clear that sample from carlitos way? did/does everyone pay royalties to the amen brothers for there break that was a building point for a whoe genre of music? not likely sampling is an accepted practice throughout electronic music I'm ewell versed and educated inthe industry, I'm not afraid of nbc trying to take a bite out of me for some obscure sample if they do then I'm obviously pretty successful adn I'll take it in stride

yeah my friend's cd is in the whole 'electronic music' genre too. i see your point but just thought i'd add that word of caution. i'll leave it be now as it seems to be an opinion you hold dear.
 
Top