• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

laurent garnier

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
I think Special K has 'seen' into the future and Laurent Garnier will be playing at This Is London at the end of April.

If this is true, I am in a dilemma. (the classic 'venue' vs. 'performer' problem..)

Although it would be a great treat to see him again...

Destro
 

TheRunningBoard

TRIBE Member
Venue vs. performer?

As in, not sure about TIL? I went to a SOHO night on Friday to see Misstress Barbara and the venue was really good..def. not worth missing Laurent Garnier over.
 

UR

TRIBE Member
Destro Sanchez said:
If this is true, I am in a dilemma. (the classic 'venue' vs. 'performer' problem..)
Destro
First thing that came to mind here too.

Destro, you are all about the dress code.

:cool:
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Are you fucking shitting me? what's the date? holy shit. way to go TIL.

Now I just have to find some runners disguised as pointed shoes.
 

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I am so dying to go. I love him!

His April 24, 2004 set at System was probably my fav in all my many years of partying. He's in a class of his own.

I hope I can get the time of work for this. I want to go so bad!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
TheRunningBoard said:
I went to a SOHO night on Friday to see Misstress Barbara and the venue was really good..def. not worth missing Laurent Garnier over.
^^Word.

I had a good experience at TIL. All this brouhaha about the door, dress code etc?? All a bunch of bunk.

I breezed in easily ahead of the line and I looked like something the cat dragged in. Bad hair, ripped jeans and beat up old sketchers. People were smoking weed inside all night. And all that restricted seating bottle service razz? Bunk. I sat in there sans bottle throughout the night.

They clearly know what they're doing and who their clientele is. The venue will be just fine for Garnier.
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
eLeKTRon said:
And all that restricted seating bottle service razz? Bunk. I sat in there sans bottle throughout the night.
Really? Jeez...maybe it's because you look well off. ; )
 

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I've been telling people all along that the dress code wasn't going to be that strict.. it's only there to keep out the kiddies in the baggy clothes and athletic wear that invaded system towards the end... although there was the one door guy who was a dick, but he got fired so... :p

remember kids... need list... email me evan AT activatepromotions.com
but I don't take requests for a night untill the week prior. ;)
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

digitalux

TRIBE Member
I really want to check this out. I hope there are no major assignments or exams to prevent me....!

I had fun the other weekend...
venue was a little odd for me. the vibe was not what I was used to - in terms of the crowd or decor perhaps. I am not sure why... I guess it felt too polished and serious for a place people go to dance at. .. but I would go back.
 

derek

TRIBE Member
perhaps, they should change 'english style code'. i think it's the 'english style code' that created all the hoopla. sounds pretentious, and is quite vague (and ghey).
 

digitalux

TRIBE Member
derek said:
perhaps, they should change 'english style code'. i think it's the 'english style code' that created all the hoopla. sounds pretentious, and is quite vague (and ghey).
when/who/what/where was the english style code referenced, and what does it mean/refer to?

thx...
 

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the tip, elektron.

Dtox -*in slow voice*: it's at a clllllub calllled 'This Is London' for an event called Soho (this is what I gather)


Destro
->seriously considering!!!
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

derek

TRIBE Member
hey, since laurent is playing perhaps for the night they should do a french style code.



i know the dress code isn't actually that strict base on reviews, however, it's an easy target to poke fun at.
 

seeker

TRIBE Member
i'm listening to his excellent Detroit mix from the Excess Luggage set. is this gig on the 29th?

<edit> ahh... 28th. </edit>
 
Last edited:

Taro

TRIBE Member
derek said:
hey, since laurent is playing perhaps for the night they should do a french style code.



i know the dress code isn't actually that strict base on reviews, however, it's an easy target to poke fun at.
:D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top