• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Latest scoop on head stabbing of 12 year-old!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Pair arrested in late-night attack on girl, 12
Mar. 31, 2006. 11:58 AM
CURTIS RUSH
STAFF REPORTER THESTAR.COM

Two teenage girls have been arrested in connection with the stabbing of a 12-year-old girl outside an all-ages party in the Entertainment District last Saturday.

The young girl was stabbed or slashed several times near Queen and John Sts. around 2:30 a.m. She was taken to hospital, where she received five stitches to close a wound on her face.

Apparently, the confrontation began inside Steam nightclub over a property dispute.

The late-night incident raised concerns about underage dance parties.

On Wednesday just before noon, a suspect turned herself in to police.

Mareeka Byers, 18, of Toronto, was charged with assault and had a court appearance yesterday.

On Thursday, plainclothes officers arrested another suspect, this one a 17-year-old girl.

She cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

She is charged with aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, weapons dangerous, failure to comply with her probation and refusing to comply with provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

She was scheduled for a court appearance Friday morning.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I'm not that surprised.. there were several knife incidents i recall with teens in my neighbourhood growing up...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
These clubs need more pure MDMA going around. None of this coke, or pills that are more meth then MDMA crap.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i sincerly hope a 12 year old is not snorting coke at an all ages event. I used to go to RPM when I was 14 and we never even thought of doing drugs.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dr Trance

TRIBE Member
annec said:
stupid kids, where's the PLUR?
Gone, along with the rave scene.
I don't think this club was playing EDM.

The media is having a field day with this incident and the whole all-ages dance thing. On the one hand it draws attention from more serious problems. On the other hand...12 years old and out at 3am????

Dr Trance said:
Gone, along with the rave scene.
I don't think this club was playing EDM.

The media is having a field day with this incident and the whole all-ages dance thing. On the one hand it draws attention from more serious problems. On the other hand...12 years old and out at 3am????
I really hope they charge the parents of the kid that was stabbed, and enforce the curfew they're talking about for 15 years and younger in the interm.

I also hope they throw the fucking book at the 18 year old retard that stabbed the kid in the first place (assuming they have the right person, of course). What the fuck kind of beef does an 18 year old have with a 12 year old in the first place?

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Article about the issue in the National Post...

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/...90cb7-ac4a-4066-a6ec-358f473d1ca1&k=85800&p=3

New? Maybe not. I certainly knew girls who would take advantage of their parents and / or sneak out. However, that just wasn't an option in our household. At twelve, I was having sleepovers and movie nights with my girlfriends.. Going to an all ages club?? LOL.. The thought never even crossed my mind!! Why? Because my father's wrath would decend.. A World War 2 vet.. And yes, when I was really bad, I would receive a proper spanking. But then, I knew I deserved it. I could be a little shit at times..

Maybe this girl lied to her parents, but what about the 500 others.. I have grade eights whose parents allow them to go to these things unsupervised.. Parents need to stop trying to be 'friends' to their kids.. When a student complains to me that "That's not fair!!" I respond, "Yeah? Well life's not fair. Learn to live with it." Kids should not be given everything they want carte blanche!! Another example: One student I had was bullying and beating up on other students. The parent felt that a proper punishment would be to take away his 100 pairs of designer running shoes!!:eek: This in an inner city school.. Not Rosedale...

Sometimes I don't know what the F*ck is going on.. Out of 32 students, I requested 16 interviews with parents this past week.. Only 5 responded..
This is why we have the issues we have now... The kids who get all A's?? or maybe not A's but they are never seen in the office?? They have the parents who come to every interview..or at least call.. Their parents are involved in their lives.. Simple..

In the end, I thank my parents. Now as an adult, I can make mature decisions about what I choose to do. But their guidance in the past will always influence me..

My two cents.. (and clearly I have issues about this..Interviews last Thursday and Friday..) :( Holy Tangent, but it is al related to the same theme..

Oh. and if any parent has booked an interview and can't make it?? Please call (Please..Please?). Don't leave it to the last moment.. Another parent who probably could not be fit in can take your place..

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
i sincerly hope a 12 year old is not snorting coke at an all ages event. I used to go to RPM when I was 14 and we never even thought of doing drugs.
the first time i went to a rave in toronto (i was in my 20s) a 13 year old tried to sell me e. i never thought of doing drugs when i was 14 either, or 12, but of course there are lots of kids doin 'em. not saying it's right, i'm just not naive enough to be shocked by it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
there are some parents whos kids go to 'inner city schools' who are new to canada and are completely unfamiliar with the canadian school system. in most other parts of the world, there are no parent-teacher interviews, and its not just assumed that parents have to be the advocates for their children.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
there are some parents whos kids go to 'inner city schools' who are new to canada and are completely unfamiliar with the canadian school system. in most other parts of the world, there are no parent-teacher interviews, and its not just assumed that parents have to be the advocates for their children.
The majority of parents who do come are 'new immigrants'. They want to know how their children are doing.. I've hardly ever had an issue with this segment of the population. Surprisingly enough it is the 'Canadian' parents that are the biggest issue.. But then, what do I know..only been teaching inner city for thirteen years.. (No offense meant Booty, this is just my experience..)

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
btw: Don't get me wrong. I love my kids, probably why I feel as strongly as I do..

Just today whilst selling dafodils, I ran into a former student, now in Foster care. Her mother and her used to get along famously. But then her mother got hooked up with a nasty character who made a pass at my student.. This kid is so sweet and shy.. Her marks just dropped like a freight train until she finally told me what was going on.. Guess who her mother chose.. The boyfriend.. I just hope this girl does well and can get past this (She has so much potential.., just as an incredible human being!!)

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
These clubs need more pure MDMA going around. None of this coke, or pills that are more meth then MDMA crap.
ph, so the ones we have now days.
hey, if you have any of those shitty '99 awful pills that sucked, Ill be willing to take them off your hands.
mdma = sleeping pill

kaniz

TRIBE Member
(If I am doing pills, I actually tend to request one that has a bit of a kick too it, dont mind a bit of jib in my roll. I'd rather be dancing then pooled out on a couch feeling amazing)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders