• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

latest mix from me : winter mix

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
I know...how original - but that's me....mr. originality.

Just wanted to let you know that I've completed another mix - it's deep, tecky, and has vocals. if anyone would like a copy, send me a message with your details.

The tracklisting :

Block 16 - Electrokution - (BG and DW Evolusive Mix) - Balihu
Brain On Drugs - Drugs (Chateau Flight Remix) - Kraked
George Levin - When I'm With You (Radio Edit) - Sonar Kollectiv
Alleluyark - Sweet Chat Rio (Isolee Remix) - Circus Company
Frankman - Hypnotize - Moon Harbour
Borneo and Sporenburg - What's Going On Tonight (Losoul Domino Remix) - Italic
Fred Everything - Over You, Here (Monday Vox Mix) - 20/20 Vision
Sean Dimitrie and T. Fuller - The Release (DJ Ali Remix) - Manali
Bacuzzi - Do You Mind (ADNY Mix) - Test 542
Hollway and Eastwick Feat. Steve Edwards - Downtime (Dubtime Mix) - Paper Recordings
Miguel Graca - Morning Sympton - Manali
Jussipekka - Fun - Dessous
Marlow - Exposed (Marlows Five, Four Three Version) - Moon Harbour
Deep Drawn - Boogie Wolf - Moon Harbour
Unknown - Wave White Label

Enjoy!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Nesta

TRIBE Member
can i please get a copy? dave was raving about the mix at his place. i heard the first few tracks, and it sounded dope.

pm sent.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
dave was raving about the mix at his place...
Nesta, I don't 'rave', so take that back immediately.

Mix is fucking dope. It's all I've been listening to for the last 3 weeks. Very moody, but funky. Wikked track selection from start to finish.

Me likey likey!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
I insist on a downloadable high quality MP3 version : )
I can do that too ;) Give me a couple days to hook that up...need to find someone to host it.

Word.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
Just wanted to say...that your mix is truly devine and makes winter bearable in the warmest ways...KWE

maddog

TRIBE Member
Sick set of tracks ya got going on there............Moon Harbour's dope!!!!!!hook a jew up?

roojew

AshG

Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*

Enjoy!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*
Indeed i do, merci beacoup!

Alrighty, wanted to know which tracks i was talking about before commenting, and know that i do, here goes:

The mix starts off with an almost underprocessed king of broken beat and kind of builds from there before the beats start kicking in.

The mix builds gradually, with a weird kind of off-kilter tune at the beginning(2nd track i think) that i quite like.

Now this tune:

Alleluyark - Sweet Chat Rio (Isolee Remix) - Circus Company

I really want to like more than i do.
I love Alleyuark and Isolee, and the entire Cicrus Company label, so i was quite keen to hear this one in the mix, but it sort left me hanging.

That's probably due to the fact its overshadowed by the tune immediately following it.
This:

Frankman - Hypnotize - Moon Harbour

is one of the sickest tracks I’ve heard in some time!!
It just kicks in midway through the alleuyark tune and immediately you know things are happening. Its one of those tunes that has that elusive energy about it without being a full on stomping beat-crazy thing.
And then the vocal starts creeping in. At first you can’t even be sure that there’s anything there, but ever-so-gently it rises into the mix, raising the momentum but also injecting some soul into things in va ery subtle but undeniable way.
Not often do you get tracks doing that – excellent stuff.
Whenever I’ve had this mix playing in my car and this song comes in and starts building the way it does, invariably anyone with me(and I’m talking people into stuff as varied as hiphop to progressive) starts moving their head the way one of those dipping birds do, and asks whose mix it is.

After this, the mix changes gears a bit and grooves it out with some nice soulful stuff(like the fred everything tune), until we get to:

Hollway and Eastwick Feat. Steve Edwards - Downtime (Dubtime Mix) - Paper Recordings
!!!

Never a bad time to play a song like this. Awesome.

For me, the mix really starts to kick in from here and into the next couple tracks.
Actually the first time I heard this mix, and I heard the next track, I was thinking “shit what the hell is this? I have to get this tune!”, when in actual fact the song I want is “Downtime” mixing in with Graca’s “Morning Sympton” – the mixing here is that good.
I think its always a sign of good mixing when the mix itself sounds like a new song.
So yeah, I want that mix as a separate track if you don’t mind. ;)

So yeah the next couple tracks have me going, before things groove down for the end of the mix.

And the last song:

Unknown - Wave White Label

This too is shit hot!
Great track to end with, and again, its got that great balance between energy and soulfulness(with the great vocal primarily responsible for that) that is none to easy to find.

Any idea who this is or if its actually released yet?

Very good mix I must say.
Tunes are top drawer, and as I alluded to earlier, as is the mixing.
And its one of those mixes that you know you could listen to 3 or 4 years from now and it’d feel just as fresh.

My $.02.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Hey guys,

Sorry for the no responses - I've been lacking on my procrastination skills here at work, and haven't been really checking the house room the past week - I'll be sending out another batch of cd's today or tomorrow!!

Ian, send me a pm and I'll put a mp3 on cd or if you'd rather have a "cd", I can do that too. Send me your details.

For the rest of you who have said stuff about my cd - thanks, appreciate the feedback!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
Nice Job!

Thanks for the C.D Kiang. Great little mix to get me through the work day that's for sure.

Tracks that stood out: Really enjoyed the opening track. Nice sweeping samples, good choice to open up the CD with. Really liked the George Levin track too. Sweet soulful vocals !!

thanks again,

lee

ian

TRIBE Member
I thought this was an excellent mix. The variety and the programming was great and the mixing top notch.

-ian g.

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
no downloadable mp3? :0(

"in the techno room ..." ;)
Our good robot was so kind as to drop off an MP3 in my mailbox when he was in the area. I was quite pleased.

-ian g.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
I just don't do that for anybody though :p

Zoo - pm me your address - I'll send you a copy on MP3 or CD format - let me know. To everybody that has replied, I'm sending out the last two batches (Nestore's included) tonight. Thanks for the interest!

Sorry for the delay.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

ian

TRIBE Member
As a thank you I can put the MP3 online for you for a few days if you like Monsieur Robot. . .

-ian g.

ian

TRIBE Member
Uploading now. I will post the link shortly and leave the mix online for a few days so peeps can download it.

-ian g.

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
Uploading now. I will post the link shortly and leave the mix online for a few days so peeps can download it.

-ian g.
Hey Kiang, you should also throw a copy up on the Watcher's FTP. That still working?

-ian g.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
To upload a 4 meg file onto Watcher's site takes me an hour and a half - for some reason the speed sucks for me on his ftp.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*