• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Lakeview Generating plant RIP

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
So, they blew it up today.

They should've convinced the terrorists it was CSIS HQ and saved some cash but whatever.

I was thinking of heading down to watch the demolition, but of course my lazy ass isn't out of bed that early unless fish are involved.

Anyone got a link to video or pics?

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
watched it on CP24 this morning. Kind of sad to see such a landmark go down, but definately a step in the right direction.

I think Mayor Hazel is pretty adamant that absolutely NO condos will be put in it's place.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Hazel's not gonna be 'round much longer. By the time they get the site cleaned do an environmental analysis and plan the condo development she'll be dead.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Mmmm....three-eyed fish.

edit: Good luck killing Hazel. Even cancer shies away. I have every confidence that Hazel will be around to defend against the Machine Uprising of 2020.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Sleepy Giant said:
Yep, no condos, just a nuke plant in its place.
you think? considering the proximity to local communities is that even possible?

*edit: I know it's been talked about but not necessarily on that particular site.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
LeoGirl said:
you think? considering the proximity to local communities is that even possible?
I dont' know if it's going to be in that exact location, but Pickering isn't exactly out in the middle of the boonies.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
She was hit by a car, got right back up, and didn't even press charges (to my knowledge).
Because it was her fault. And she was investigated. :p

Oh and

Good luck killing Hazel. Even cancer shies away. I have every confidence that Hazel will be around to defend against the Machine Uprising of 2020.
hahahhhahah

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Kind of a shame really - I'm sure that it cost a pretty penny to build that facility and it barely lasted 50 years.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
LeoGirl said:
I think Mayor Hazel is pretty adamant that absolutely NO condos will be put in it's place.
No, it will be a townhouse subdivision instead. The developers rule the world in Mississauga.