• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Lake swimming

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Please help me! Where can I drive and go jump in a lake? I would prefer not to go to Wasaga.

No Google please! I really want your recommendation.

Any suggestions with driving time?

I think you can go swimming at a waterfall in Hamilton?

Stop Bill C-10

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
head south
when you fall into Lake Ontario start swimming.

Some of the best beaches and the water is fine (except after a torrential rain)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
head south
when you fall into Lake Ontario start swimming.

Some of the best beaches and the water is fine (except after a torrential rain)

This. If you must drive to get there then Jack Darling park in Mississauga is the best near Toronto IMO.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Cobourg! I was there Monday and it was one of the best beaches I have ever seen! Clear water, sandy bottom, clean and manicured sand on the main beach. Super nice.

Water of the Toronto Island has been really dirty this year, maybe because of the rain, or perhaps it is because they are pumping sewage directly into the lake more often.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I will never be convinced that Lake Ontario is fit for swimming.

Thank you!!! I firmly believe this. For :My commencement
We were on the Sandy boat whatever as we boarded there was a dead fish. Disgusting. For that reason alone I will never enter that lake.

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
If you haven't picked a spot already, I too highly recommend Cobourg Beach. The beach is all fluffy sand and the water is beautiful.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Yes, Lake Ontario is terrible. Toronto beaches are especially gross so please do not go to them, especially Bluffer's, Hanlan's and Gibralter. There are sharks as well, severe undertow and Black Manta.