1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ladies!

Discussion in 'Girl Stuff Forum' started by diablo, Jun 2, 2010.

1. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

If you're going to drop the casual "my boyfriend" reference into a conversation with a dude that you've just met at a social event, do it before the 90-minute mark of a conversation.

For fuck's sake.

Please and thanks.

Yours truly

- The Male Race

There's a reason that men everywhere identify with this clip:

2. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

Women with a bf will usually drop the hint within 10-20 minutes of the conversation.

Single women, annoyed by someone who doesn't get the hint, will lie after all else has failed.

You're welcome,

-The Female Race

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

4. erika

erika TRIBE Member

So let me get this straight (I'm a bit dense that way):

A woman speaking to a man at a social event must let him know really quickly if she's romantically involved with someone (male or female, doesn't matter), because the only reason he's talking with her is because he wants to f*ck her, so she should make sure not to waste his time and actually assume, fool that she is, that she, as an adult, is having a conversation that might be interesting and enjoyable with another adult, because as soon as he knows that she is not available to f*ck he will lose complete interest in anything about which they may have been talking and will want to move on to the next potential victim -umm I mean candidate?

Do I have that right?:rolleyes:

Perhaps the "taken" women could wear a particular type of clothing to make it easier for you to know if it's worth your while, say something like this
    [​IMG]

5. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Well by the same token, so to speak, the same indication could ward off jerks who just want to get in your pants and aren't going to be much use conversationally anyway.. So it would be a time/effort saver for both sides.

That said, maybe men should have to wear something that would make their intentions more obvious as well.

6. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

tight pants?

7. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

ahh.... the bf defence. classic!

diablo, if you feel like you just wasted 90 minutes of your time, ask them right away next time. and if they do have a boyfriend, tell them to go away and not waste your time.

From my experience though, just because a girl claimed to have a boyfriend, it never stopped her from doing anything. Sometimes they say it because it makes them feel like they are in demand. Other times they say it because they are trying to convince themselves that they do.

8. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

thread ends with erika.

alexd please rename this thread to "diablo only talks to women to get in their pants"

9. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Whoa - what era are we in again?

Do you mean to tell me that women today are not capable of expressing to someone that they are not interested in them "that way" just like that (e.g. "thanks, but I'm really here to dance to this music"...) without invoking the bf? Sounds retrograde in the extreme...

10. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

What you're saying is this particular BBW diablo was hitting on was annoyed he interrupted her buffet time?

11. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

"can't talk. eating"

12. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

Bang on. Heaven forbid we should laugh at his jokes too.

13. ila

ila TRIBE Member

Conversely, 90 minutes of straight conversation with some stranger guy who I don't want to bone is my nightmare. Why talk to some weirdo in the dark for that long unless you're smoking meth?

I mean, if I've invested that much time in talking to you and you're not already my friend (and we're both not on meth) chances are, boyfriend or not, I want to hit it.

14. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Yay!

15. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

Unless of course you're at a social event and end up seated at the same table together and are forced to speak to the people at your table for the dinner service, which may indeed take 90 minutes with all courses and speeches.

I have to say, I end up in this situation regularly. Although, 90 minutes is totally excessive and I always drop the bf bomb way before then. I'm just in the situation where my boyfriend rarely attends social functions when he doesn't know more than 10 people there (aka - any work or school-related function) so I'm on my own A LOT. And hell yes, I'm going to speak to others, male or female.

So, if you've invested 90 minutes in a girl and only then realise that she's involved, you need to fine tune your sensors. Either that, or she's in an open relationship or potentially a cheater. In which case, you have a whole new ballgame.

16. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

you got it Pontiac.

17. Penny Lane

Penny Lane TRIBE Member

How else will I get free drinks??

18. shyboy

shyboy TRIBE Member

I could post something bitter and cynical, but that just wouldn't make me happy. I hate that so much seems to boil down to these kinds of arguments -- can't two people just mutually figure out how to get in each other's pants without sticking to predefined roles? I dream...

-ben

19. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

I seriously hope you are trolling your own board, otherwise it appears like you are dating skanks or retards :O

Hehe.

I think two ppl who want to get into each other's pants work it out just fine. It's only a problem when one person doesn't get it after 90 minutes of conversation.

Although, before he edited, Diablo had it posted at 80 minutes, so based on certain men's conception of length, I put it at 30 minutes before she dropped the bf bomb and he got all huffy.

20. shyboy

shyboy TRIBE Member

Depends. Women still expect men to be the ones initiating everything. Some of us are too daft to notice subtle hints until well after the fact.

Lol! It happens at both extremes. But hey, occasionally one gets a few compliments out of it.

-ben

21. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

What are you trying to infer.
    Pics please.

22. erika

erika TRIBE Member

This makes me wonder if Diablo has trouble estimating time, and what spillover effect this could have in other areas :p

23. shyboy

shyboy TRIBE Member

I'm inferring nothing. Really! I could never be that subtle.

-ben

24. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i completely agree with erika.

what, you can't have a conversation with someone when you have a significant other? seriously. i work in the construction industry - not alot of chicks. am i supposed to let everyone i have a conversation with at an event that i have a bf?

25. ravinjunkie

ravinjunkie TRIBE Member

+1