1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Labour of Love 2010 @ Guv

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by desklight, Aug 15, 2010.

1. desklight

desklight TRIBE Member

Saw the poster today at Queen's Quay.

Axwell, John Digweed (!), Above & Beyond, Markus Schulz, Morgan Page

Also looks like Afrojack and Kissy Sellout will be there.

Headlining the jungle room is Fabio and Die.

And they have a whole dubstep room now headlined by some dude named 12th Planet?? (looked it up... sounds like Rusko-style RinseFM dubstep)

I've never been to Guv, so probably will hit this one up with a few friends. I'm really not into trance or big room prog but hopefully on pills surrounded by thousands of people I should change my mind
  2. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

I don't know, maybe its just me but it doesn't seem like they get as many top flight DJs for these parties anymore.

Now it seems they'll have one big DJ per room. 3-4 years ago you could see at least two or three big DJs in the Guv and Koolhaus main rooms.

Anyone else think that way too? That lineup about is a pretty big "meh" for me.
  3. Michael Drury

Michael Drury TRIBE Member

Above & Beyond and Markus Schulz sound good to me. Been listening to their radio shows on satellite radio and the choons have been sounding good lately.
  4. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

Digweed is in the KoolHaus and not the Guv..

5. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

bro, this is gonna be sick. i've got just the shirt that i won't wear. can't wait.
  6. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

you couldn't pay me enough money...
  7. sianspherica

sianspherica TRIBE Member

probably the weakest Labour of Love lineup ever.
  8. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

So I'm not crazy! I remember a time when you'd have such a stacked lineup that you'd have big talent playing in the tent and up in The Drink.

Regardless if you like these DJs look at the lineups from past years:

2008 had Armin VB, Benassi, MSTRKRFT, Angello, Ingrosso, Novy, Aoki, Knight, etc.

2007 had Danny T, 16 Bit Lolitas, Armin VB, Sander VD, MSTRKRFT, etc.

2006 (one of the best years) had Digweed, Cattaneo, Benassi, Fair, Copeland (that was all just in the Guv!), Armin VB, Corsten, Junkie XL, Andy C, Tommie Sunshine, Boys Noize, The Juan Maclean, etc.
  9. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

the pills and the peeps make the party!!!
  10. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

hahahaha, yeah i guess
  11. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

The very first Labor of Love, Summers End, whatever they called it back then where they had Derrick Carter on the Skybar, Eric Morillio in the Warehouse and whoever else in the Guv was amazing, haven't been back to Guv ever since.

DC playing Life as it started to rain just as the sun was coming up...can it get better?
  12. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

It's all about the caps and the traps.
  13. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

Looks like I am now going to this, my first Labour ever. Not really looking forward to the crowds!
  14. ian

ian TRIBE Member

Morgan Page eh? I have not kept up with him since his early PA at Fukhouse at System Soundbar in 2002. I guess he's gone totally prog. . . Nice guy though!