• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Know of any good/romantic dessert places?

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Okay a girl friend of mine, asked me for some advice on what to get her bf for Valentines. I told her, "a fun experience is always a great gift".
So I recommended she take him to the CN tower for dinner, then find a cool little dessert shop downtown to follow things up.

Now apparently her bf is a total romantic, so if you peeps could recommend a cool place, or perhaps offer another suggestion, it'd be greatly appreciated!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
This a real place? What and where is it?

There's one near yonge and eglinton i think.

they have great deserts but i would hardly call demetre's romantic.

i don't think you should have to spend money to be romantic. and generally i don't find restaurants to be conducive to a romantic atmosphere. Seven West has sort of a 'romantic' feel, or maybe Sotto Sotto. But yeah.

it would probably be better if she bought his favourite desert before hand and had it in the fridge at her house. set up the place to be cozy, so when they got back she'd just have to serve up the desert.

Cri

TRIBE Member
^^

I like starr's idea...you would be able to make the place romantic with candles and stuff..PLUS have dessert..and a lil somethin else ;)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Tell her to pick up some treats from dufflets pastry's to have ready at home then bring him back to her place for desert. (+ plus some after desert fun ;) )

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
it would probably be better if she bought his favourite desert before hand and had it in the fridge at her house. set up the place to be cozy, so when they got back she'd just have to serve up the desert

Keep in mind they'd be driving to toronto for the evening from London. Excellent suggestion though.

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Keep in mind they'd be driving to toronto for the evening from London. Excellent suggestion though.

Still don't see why it couldn't be done. She could just pretend she was broke and surprise him with the set up when they got home. Is it because they are staying in a hotel?

Anyway, as for 7West and Sotto Sotto...I'm sure Sotto is booked already. 7West has some desserts, but they aren't particularly memorable. It is a nice atmosphere and if they've already had a nice dinner, who cares about the amazingness of dessert over the atmosphere.

Has she called the CN tower already and made reso's?

What you might want to try is go for dessert at a restaurant with a great view (window table). Try 360, Canoe, Windows or that other one in yorkville (uuuugh, can't recall the name).

Just make sure it's a late reservation and the table should be quiet and romantic.

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
If they are down by the CN tower, why not go to 5Senses for dessert in the SOHO hotel?

Nice place! Good desserts, and wicked staff!;)

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DEEPHOUSEGRL
If they are down by the CN tower, why not go to 5Senses for dessert in the SOHO hotel?

Nice place! Good desserts, and wicked staff!;)
This sounds like it could be a winner. Close to the CN tower, great staff = winner!

I'll be sure to pass this all on to her. Thanks gang!

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Know of any good/romantic dessert places?

Originally posted by Silvershadow
There's such a thing? These days, my bf's idea of being romantic is to not blow in my face after he belches. ;)

aahhahahahahaha..... i hear you on that one...

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
There's a bunch of demeter's (is this prounounced like the deity or like DIMITRI? I've heard both...) around the city and they have AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG Dessert.

I can big ups the panaroma and kalendar for dessert too. both places are dope!

(did i just say dope?)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dessert

~allie~