• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Knifehandchop

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
does anyone know where they would be playing next?

if they are in town/touring away form the city?

so far from what i hear

i want to hear much more and live

-jybot

leigh

TRIBE Promoter
its just one guy, and he's from toronto, so i think you just have to be on the lookout, because he plays shows around town once in a while.....

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
wikkid, i want to see him live

friend of mine just let me rip one of his CD's and i like

might have to check out his venetian snares discs as well

-jybot

leigh

TRIBE Promoter
yeah, you should. i think its all in a similar vain. however, i like knifehandchop better. although i haven't heard any of his stuff for about a year and a half....

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
merci

for the info

wasnt sure how many peeps would know about it on here

seems one

you

at least there is that

:D

-jybot

did you see kid606 @ lees palace last fallish ?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

leigh

TRIBE Promoter
nah. i missed kid606. :(

i should stop plugging this show - but i'll do it one more time. you should check out bogdan raczynski and soundmurderer at lees palace on march 10th. if you like knifehandchop, theres a good chance you'll like them as well.

aether

TRIBE Member
Leigh, I'll be sure to be there :) Big ups for Bogdan and Sound Murderer. Last time I saw Knifehandchop was at a concert with Kid606/Lesser/Gold Chains. He looked really young & nervous, but he put on a pretty good show. KnifeHandchop & Kid606 seem to be Vice magazine darlings. You may like Venetian Snares although in my opinion he's something entirely different. I think snares has turned out some really brilliant stuff. His new album (chocolate wheelchair) is particularly good. He tends to be a lot more grating/noisey/random than knifehandchop, so he's not for everyone.

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by leigh
nah. i missed kid606. :(

i should stop plugging this show - but i'll do it one more time. you should check out bogdan raczynski and soundmurderer at lees palace on march 10th. if you like knifehandchop, theres a good chance you'll like them as well.

THATS MY BDAY

nice

-jybot

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by aether
Leigh, I'll be sure to be there :) Big ups for Bogdan and Sound Murderer. Last time I saw Knifehandchop was at a concert with Kid606/Lesser/Gold Chains. He looked really young & nervous, but he put on a pretty good show. KnifeHandchop & Kid606 seem to be Vice magazine darlings. You may like Venetian Snares although in my opinion he's something entirely different. I think snares has turned out some really brilliant stuff. His new album (chocolate wheelchair) is particularly good. He tends to be a lot more grating/noisey/random than knifehandchop, so he's not for everyone.

yea i got some stuff im going to check out

should be interesting

-jybot

vox

TRIBE Member
ummm...billy rocks on so many levels.

and he always looks nervous when he plays.

anyone who likes snares missed the BOMB show where we brought him to sneaky dee's (or above). it was hype.

kid606 rocks it every time he comes to town too. i really like his stuff...not so much a fan of goldchains...but i love lesser and dj rupture mixcds.

and bogdan makes some HYPE tunes.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i've seen knifehandchop spin twice i believe.
both times i was thoroughly impressed.
in fact, he singlehandedly returned me to a good mood after the torture that was venetian snares' set at a party a couple years ago.
so yeah, i dig him!

my brother fucking loves Gold Chains... i have a few of his tracks and i think they're alright, but i dont think i've discovered that *thing* about him that makes me brother simultaneously keel over with laughter while shakin' his butt.

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
i he singlehandedly returned me to a good mood after the torture that was venetian snares' set at a party a couple years ago.
so yeah, i dig him!

hehehe, the friend of mine whos got me into this recently, is a huge venetian snares fan, should be interesting indeed to see wha it has to offer.

:D:eek::D:eek:

-jybot

mattt416

TRIBE Member
i've seen knifehandchop spin twice i believe.
both times i was thoroughly impressed.
in fact, he singlehandedly returned me to a good mood after the torture that was venetian snares' set at a party a couple years ago.
so yeah, i dig him!

my brother fucking loves Gold Chains... i have a few of his tracks and i think they're alright, but i dont think i've discovered that *thing* about him that makes me brother simultaneously keel over with laughter while shakin' his butt.

maybe it's because you don't COME FROM SAN FRANCISCO

:)

zorak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
I was listening to Chop The Hand earlier tonight
oh wait... that's DJ Olaf's work.

dude....choppy and laf-o are friends. stop the hate, spread the love (a la andre 3000)

knifehandchop's new album is gonna be off the wall sickness. what i like about his tunes is that they're totally poppy, dancy, FUNKY ass sweetness.

there's no point in comparing knifehandchop to snares cuz they've got completely different intentions. both are good in their own respective ways...

back to knifehand, i've never seen anyone who smiles more during a performance.

aether

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zorak

back to knifehand, i've never seen anyone who smiles more during a performance.

it's true, i loved seeing him look up at the audiences reaction and having this big smile on his face.

zorak

TRIBE Member
regarding gold chains...that novelty hip hop artist thing doesn't really do it for me. i guess it's kind of funny for a second. but not really..hehe.

like i love cex but he should really just stick to production for the most part. his first two albums (and even starship galatica) are fucken sick. some of the best idm i've ever heard...but 'being ridden' is totally forgettable (imo).

the one vocal cex tune that rules is the vocal version of 'not tryin'....that tune is genuinely funny.

"girl, i've read my bell hooks and i agree with her,
but i'm not tryin' not to look if yer tryin' to take off yer shirt"

heheh.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
and he sneaks in snippits of booty house, which, as you might guess, makes this booty bits very happy.

DO YOU WANNA DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!!???

I had fun at that party.