• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Knicks may buy out Larry Brown

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
In a move to further prove just how fucked up this franchise is, the Knicks may buy out the rest of Larry Brown's contract at a cost of 40 million.
What's even more ridiculous is if the rumour of Isiah taking over as coach if this happens.

Larry Brown deserves much of the blame for the Knicks horrendous year but it was Isiah who got them into this mess. Why on earth would he be given yet another chance??

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/15/s...ml?ex=1147838400&en=5eb43d7395d75444&ei=5087

lockedgruv

TRIBE Member
i doubt Cablevision would want to pay anyone else more $ to coach, let Zeke sort out the shit he helped create...both Brown and Thomas' legacy are taking one huge, collective dump

just sad

nawberry

TRIBE Member
I think the Knicks need to free up the $ to sign Yogi Stewart to a max deal contract.

It will be nice to finally see Yogi and Jalen side by side, they came so close to doing so with the Raptors.

Does anyone think that Isiah may actually still work for the Raptors and/or the Pacers and/or a collective of Eastern Conference teams?

He seems intent on sabotage.

I think Oakley should run the Knicks, imagine the half-time shows, I am.

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
The NBA needs Isiah Thomas. He evens out the collective bargaining agreement. He allows other managers to offer the lucrative contracts and if they don't work out they can use there Isiah clause. "Oh shit, the heats on, I better call Isiah to clean this up for me".

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
jesus christ who is runnin this team.....talk about worst decision making in the history of the universe, im surprised someone hasnt killed isaih yet

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Hahaha! The Isiah Thomas legacy is needed in the NBA. Now that the Clippers are winning what are they going to do for comic relief?
Ensure Isiah runs a team, that's what!
Every league needs a couple running gags, the NHL has the Leafs and Avery; the NFL has black players on the crime wires (not a racial shot, just fun to watch); MLB has Tampa and Barry; and the Nba has thier answer to contriversial hilarity. The Isail Thomas Legacy.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Zorro

TRIBE Member
D1Willow said:
the NHL has the Leafs; MLB has Tampa
Explain the running gags on these two for me. 'cause myself I would say Baltimore is more of laughing matter then the Rays. And until this year the Leafs did their best to try and win a cup. *shrugs*

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
^^^ Squirel Please!!!
The Leafs have not, I repeat NOT TRIED to win a cup in few decades!
Ballard did more! They would like to spend enough to get in the playoffs and reap some playoff money, but for that club it is only about profit, and you're only being fooled by the Toronto media (who also benifit in the coffers) if you believe other wise. The leafs will not have a serious contender until they figure out who is in charge of the team. Any GM in a structure where he has to pass up to 3 board meetings, taling sometimes over a week, is domed! It will never work when talks with other teams/players need a decision NOW, not a week later. When anyone can answer with certainty who of JF2, Peddie, TanenBUM, or the teachers pension fund is in charge, I will stop slagging this MOST laughable of organisations

However I totaly agree, Baltimore is an awesome source of humour in MLB.:D

Zorro

TRIBE Member
D1Willow said:
^^^ Squirel Please!!!
Not quite sure what this means but hey.

And come on To say that when Steve Stavros owned this team that those first few years of this decade the Leafs weren't trying to win a cup??? They didn't have a coach who brought respectability to the organization??? That at the trade deadline they didn't make some moves(although some my be questionable) to help them in the playoffs. And what about the Cliff Fletcher era???

Come on now this is not a laughable organization it may raise eyebrows and question marks however to say it is laughable is to lump it in with the Chicagos and Bostons of the NHL and that my friend just isn't the case.

p.s funny how a basketball thread got turned into a quick disagreement on hockey.
Most be Canada EH!

Last edited: