• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

kitty puke

Plato

TRIBE Member
our new kitty started throwing up last night

we arent sure why, it's colourless and has whitish bubbly stuff on the top. we're not sure what she might have digested to upset her stomach like so. she looked really down though so i stayed up thew night petting her and making sure she didnt gag in her sleep or something (despite my 8:30 class today. ouch.)

she seems better now, so yay, but for the suture, any home remedies to use at ungodly hours that'll make her feel better?
:?

do share.

N30-pl]a+0

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
why does she have a suture? was she fixed yesterday? if so, it's normal for cats to throw up after the drugs wear off. Your vet should've told you this.

otherwise, she may have hairballs. I have this problem regularly with my cats and the kitty malt just wasn't doing the trick so put them on a hairball control food and they still puke all the time. So annoying. I think part of it too is that they eat too fast. (but that's just my kitties, big fat puddy tat's)

Try the kitty malt, most cats don't like it but just put a dab about the size of a dime on their paw and she lick it up fine.

good luck.

PS. The foamy stuff is bile.

zee

TRIBE Member
yes, definitely call your vet for advice.

it can be hard to pinpoint the cause of the vomitting just because it can be symptomatic of many things (both serious and mild conditions)

for eg. how new is your kitty? adapting to a totally new environment can stress her out which might lead to the puking

Have you changed its food recently? That can upset its stomach.

Do you have any houseplants around that it might have gotten into?

And what did you mean about the sutures?

Be sure to mention to the vet anything else out of the normal(if its acting lethargic, etc.), its stool/urine, etc.

good luck

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

echootje

TRIBE Member
Has kitty been stressed lately? That's a potential factor...

Just make sure there's plenty of fresh water and get thee some cat grass, buy a pot of it, and then buy a pot, some soil, and the seeds so that when it grows it can replace the store bought stuff.

Rob

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
My cat threw up three times when I got home from work. He keeps eating the plants. but the puke has his food in it and always comes out orange.

~NoCo~

TRIBE Member
if it's stress you can try 'Dr. Bach's Rescue Remedy' just put like 3-5 drops in the water dish and it normally helps calm them down..

our cat-sitter put drops in our cats water while we were gone and she seemed calmer and not as worried about us being gone..

S.

Plato

TRIBE Member
she is fairly new and young, but if it were to be adjusting to her new home then she would have gotten sick last week (being shipped from pet store to alice's house to ours in one day). food hasnt been changed, its the same stuff she was used to.

i think it might be a hairball, though i didnt see any hair, but she is a short hair cat.

or maybe a plant, i noticed her pawing at some of the plants in my room the other day. she may have gotten to them while i was sleeping yesterday.

but yes, she is due for a visit to the vet. hopefully on saturday when we might have a car.

and leop girl, what is this kitty malt?? is it in most pet stores or will i need to go to some specialty shop?
:?

thanks guys!

N30-p[l]a+0 <--first time cat owner

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Plato
or maybe a plant, i noticed her pawing at some of the plants in my room the other day. she may have gotten to them while i was sleeping yesterday.
If you have plants, they're within reach, and she's noticed them, chances are she's eaten them.

When I first got my cat, she used to hang out on the window sill where there was a spider plant, and the spider plant got a REALLY nasty haircut. A very strange concept to me, having been a dog owner all my life, and the only time I've seen dogs eat plants were when they were trying to make themselves puke. Whereas cats eat plants for fun, it would appear.

Make extra sure that none of the plants you have are poisonous for cats (do an online search, I remember finding an extensive list of plants that are bad for cats on the Internet in the mid-90s). If you DO have some plants that are bad for the cat, put them somewhere you KNOW your cat won't reach it (like the top of the fridge... but watch out, as some cats still can get up there), or get rid of them altogether.

It's best that you put all plants out of the cat's reach, as even if they didn't make the cat sick, it's not exactly healthy for the plant to get chomped on on a daily basis.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
My cat pukes every now and again.

I have antacids for her stomach and I give those to her.

If your cat pukes, as someone said, it cold be major or minor. If you find cat puke, no need to freak out. Look in it to see if there is anything other than cat food. Keep an eye on the cat for the next day or so, just making sure it is eating and drinking its normal share. If you notice anything beyond that, then the vet is a good idea.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~NoCo~
if it's stress you can try 'Dr. Bach's Rescue Remedy' just put like 3-5 drops in the water dish and it normally helps calm them down..

our cat-sitter put drops in our cats water while we were gone and she seemed calmer and not as worried about us being gone..

S.
Yes I have that for my kitties as well. Good stuff.

Cats thowing up it can be very serious. Cats will throw up when they injest something poisoness or foreign objects. I found this out the hard way. My little girl cat Delilah swallowed an ear plug. She was throwing up for a few days. I should have got her to the vet much sooner(stupid me) and anyhow this ear plug was stuck in her intestines. I got her to the vet just in time for her to have emergency surgery. It cost me just under $3000. for her care at the Emergency vet. I'd pay it again in a second for her. She's my baby! Thank God she's alright.:)

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
^ya seriously. She thought they were so much fun to play with cause they were bouncy and she could fling them around. Right away I thought, I better put them away cause they are the perfect size for her to swallow. So, I thought I had them put away...but I didn't. I am so happy she's ok.

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
THe other night my cat did a big Puke

and then 1 min later he was in the littler

And SqqaaawwwiiirrrT!

What a stink

Then he was fine:)