1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

kitten stung by a wasp -- what do i do!?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Gunark, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

My little kitten just got stung by a wasp... poor thing seems really scared and in a lot of pain now. Anyone had this happen? Should I take her to the vet?

2. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Call the emergency vet and ask them. Is the kitty having any troubles breathing?

3. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

how could you let that happen?!!

bad kitty owner! BAD!

4. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

If it is its first time being stung it cannot have an allergic reaction. If it got stung in the throat, it can swell and block the airway causing her to suffocate.

5. Harmonika

Harmonika TRIBE Member

If the affected area is still swollen, get some earth and add some warm water until you get a muddy mix. Spread it generously over the area and let it dry. As it dries, it will help draw out the toxins and will make your kitty feel *much* better.

Hope this helps. :)

i.

6. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

awe.........poor kitty :(

where is s/he stung?

7. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

Emergency over. She seems better now. Although she is viciously attacking any little spot on the carpet resembling a wasp. She's PISSED.

Oh well... kitty learned a hard lesson about insects, but all's well that ends well.

8. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

P.S. the mud thing sounds like a good idea, but it ain't gonna happen.... not with this cat. I think she has ADD or smokes crack or something. Trying to keep her in one place long enough for a mud mask would be quite the trick :)

9. sweetbabu

sweetbabu TRIBE Member

If it swells up, it's best to go get some anti inflammatories. I had to go do that 4 weeks ago, cuz my kitties paw looked like a catchers mitt. :(

10. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

benadryl creme?

11. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I'm glad ur kitty is ok!:)

12. K_la

K_la TRIBE Member

I hate bees and wasps. Last week, 15km into the interior of Algonquin on a hiking trip, I found out I have a severe allergic reaction to bee stings... it really sucked. Not to mention the epi pen cost a fortune.

13. twist

twist TRIBE Member

open heart surgery. It's the only way. Hole puncher lobotomy coming up.

14. twist

twist TRIBE Member

gold i tells ya.