1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Kitchener Waterloo

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by Dirty Girl, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

Looking for something good, Kitchener/waterloo April 10th
    any suggestions, anyone? bueller?
    only thing that was suggested to me my friend said "ew no way" to.

2. case sensitive

case sensitive TRIBE Member

That's an easy one!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

BOCCE's Disambiguation CD Release Party!!
    w/ special friends TBA

$5 at the door

8PM early show
    19+

Download the album PWYC @
    Login | Facebook

Global Warming dance party follows!

Just tell your friend to shut up and dance, drink, ect.

3. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

who's BOCCE? what kind of music is that?
    that facebook link thingy says guelph and like April 24 and stuff?
    whats a global warming dance party?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  4. case sensitive

That is the wrong link, here is the address, the rest of the info is right.

Street: 47 King Street N
    Town/City: Waterloo, ON

Man, just listening to bocce's new album now, too early to classify it, but loving it.

Global Warming are sort of: Biggie, NIN, Major Lazer, Haddaway, Justice, Incredible Bongo Band.

Thats pretty standard these days, but they actually mix and pull it off nicely, IMO.

5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

yeh I found the right link, watched some videos on the facebook page, it was some guy yelling into a mic for 5 mins, not quite what I had in mind.
    I meant like, Jungle, House, Techno....some place where people will be over 25yrs old (unless its jungle then we will hang out with 13yr olds quite happily), and someplace where I dont have to hear Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna or Save a horse ride a cowboy.

I wish it was 1997, then Im sure I could go see ritchie hawtin and 6 other dj's in some community centre or summin. *sigh* oh raves, why have you left us.

6. groovespinna

groovespinna TRIBE Member

raves in kitchener? no. not ever.
    and if so, they sucked.

7. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Wasn't there some parties called Blue Dot in Kitchener? I remember them being pretty decent.

8. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I went to a good one. and they had some sunday afterparty in some like coffee shop/cafe thingy that was a house. it was really cool. i wanted to open a coffee shop for ages after that.

9. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

I remember some after hours place in the east end of Kitchener. It had a womens name as a title and was like the KW version of the comfort zone.

10. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

well this place had windows, and daylight, I think it even had an outside roof patio or something. and it was like a house that had been turned into a coffee shop type place. thats about all i remember from it.

11. evergreen

evergreen TRIBE Member

K/W & Guelph used to have some decent stuff going on, but by no means the super-uber-mega-ultra-raves of Toronto at the time. Adam and Eve used to put on some decent events, and the blue dot projects were fun. Mike Shannon used to manage Speed, which was also involved in a bunch of stuff. Many quality smaller events happened quite often. Disco-D, Mark EG, marcus, Jelo, Capital J, Czech, SOS&Paladin, Dominik, SUV (I think), Dikoze, Myka, Big League Chu, Marty McFly, Gremlinz & Stranjah, some of the fukhouse crew, Jeremy Jive yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda ...plus a good supply of home-town talent.

12. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Adam and Eve was in Guelph - I don't remember them reaching to KW but everything is so foggy from those days. ;)

Also don't forget the legendary EBF parties!

13. case sensitive

If baby Jesus existed, this reply would make him cry.

If you want to get your "rave on" in Kitchener Waterloo the only place I can suggest with some certainty these days is the Purple Room in the Rev. Lookup Jace on Facebook and make sure they are still doing their night there. It will be either house or techno or both. There is occasionally one-off jungle events, but they are pretty few and far between, thankfully.

14. Brandon

Brandon TRIBE Member

I remember that! Was that the coffee shop in Kitchener off Scott St.?
    I think the party was Acid Stomp II held at the roller rink in Waterloo.
    My wife and I were just talking about our "favorite events", and that party was at the top of her list, even above all the Toronto events we went to.
    The vibe was excellent.

We wish for 1997 too...

15. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

whats that noise i hear, *puts hand to ear*
    oh its baby jesus crying cause of what YOU wrote

yes guy!!!! that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it!!!!!!:Dtechnics1200:cool:

16. Brandon

Brandon TRIBE Member

Felicity's.

17. FreaknBigPanda

FreaknBigPanda TRIBE Member

So what do you guys do on a typically friday or saturday night here in Waterloo? I've been here since like 2006 for university and the closest place thing I've found to music I enjoy would be purple room. Everything else is top 40/hip hop. Purple room is pretty crap compared to the selection that toronto offers as well. I wish we had some more options.