• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kitchener Pride!

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I was going to work this morning and heard on the radio that this weekend is Waterloo area pride!

I was kinda disappointed because, for whatever reason, I thought it was later on in the month, and had made other plans.

But I broke those plans, or, sorta, merged them, to go to the beer garden and find old (and young) familiar faces! Problem is, this year, I have to bring kids.

In my mind, kids are kind of a, i don't know how best to describe it... a distraction?

Then again, like pets, they can be conversation points to help break the ice. Naturally none of these kids are mine. Thank God.

So I'm interested in this years KW pride because it is testing the new "beer garden" liberties, which means I can bring a beer into the "kids zone" and so babysit while still enjoying myself and others.

Also, today I was at work and met a project engineer who really didn't know what was going on. Oh but he was striking in a "I don't know I'm striking" kind of way. Maybe he was only striking to me. But you know those kinds of chats when people engage eye contact a little longer than usual, and smile when it's not necessary?

him> "I think the truck is going to be a bit late..." smile
me> "Yeah... Do you have the export papers ready?" looks longer at blue eyes
him> "Oh, yeah, somewhere here." No movement.
me> okaaaaay....... kinda need those export papers

And so then after I finished all the work and went back to the office, he sent me an email and said quote "I really hope you have a good weekend!".

I don't know about you guys but in my field that is an unusual amount of "hoping".

Am I reading too far into this?

He's so beautiful and gentle tribe, what should I do? I certainly can't let him know my "real" life...

-jM
A&D

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
I'm glad that there's someone out there on the internet that's more fucked up than me.

thank you jesus. er... Jeffsus

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
thank you jesus. er... Jeffsus
You don't happen to be a project engineer with unusually blue eyes and skin that looks shaven even when it's not?

And a gentle tone that includes a lot of "thank you"s and smiles? Even I can lose composure and "gentle tone" when the hammer is coming down. Sometimes that fixes things.

You don't happen to be the kind of person who, when everything screws up and your job is on the line, sort of, asks for my phone number and leaves me in charge? And wears safety shoes made of fine leather with shining silver zippers from heel to ankle? Crude CSA sticker hidden neatly beneath your pleats?

Oh, Mr. Kodiak, I know it's not you, but we will meet someday, somehow. It's inevitable.

-jM
A&D