• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kiseka & Matt Dublin - Activate Wednesdays @ Element

Poot

TRIBE Member
Alright, how is it that I'm starting this thread? The place was rammed tonight! What happened to the rest of you?

Anyhow - WOW what a party! Arrived early with Killa, Jelo & crew - walked into a fairly empty place - turned around briefly & suddenly it was packed.

Went for Kiseka's set - which was rockin'. Bass thumpin', people groovin', the dance floor eating it up! What an awesome set - energy & more energy! The DJ booth was surrounded by gorgeous ladies & down to earth dudes, getting down & dirty to hard thumpin', a bit o' funk, some good sexy & a nice mix of raw. It was exactly what I had waited weeks to hear :)

Intended to leave early - after Kiseka's set - but Dublin (Deception) came on strong & I could not pull myself away from the dance floor to save my life. He pulled out surprise after surprise. At Beastie Boys, I turned to Vinder & said, "1987 was a great year!", at Daft Punk I said, "As was '97!" At the drop of Chris Anderson's "Funk-o-meter" (this is the title, no?) I could have exploded. The whole crowd was movin' and groovin' - as was my dance partner Killa who refused to leave the floor until the music stopped :)

What a great crowd & great vibe! I am just getting to know the tribe crew - and they made me feel so welcome on this night out :) ('spanks, guys!)

Dr Funk - so nice to finally put a face to the name! J Bunny - hope you enjoyed your first Element Wednesday - I suspect we'll see you back for more :) Maud - good to meet ya! Sassy - so nice to see you again - and I'll be your 'door' whenever you need ;)

I was also thrilled to see that Vinder's lovely red purse matched his shoes - ah, the attention to detail! :p

(Lastly - does anyone know why I was the soakingest, icky-est kid on the dance floor? Yikes! I was D-renched!)

Over & out,

Jessica P

Last edited:
Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Jesssssssssssssssssss
absolutely great seeing you out again tonight

oh man... chinese food after was greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

:)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what a night out.. great tunes all around... matt played an awesome set!

dave as well.. very nice indeed!

Poot

TRIBE Member
Woah.

You may note I posed that review at the end of my night.

If I actually attributed the right music to the right set, I will be VERY proud of myself.

If not - my apoligies.... but I'm sure you understand ;)

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Wow, I've seen Kiseka spin many times out and at his place (when he needs to console himself following beatings in Madden ')03) and that was one of the best sets I've heard him drop. Good tunes throughout. Matt dropped some good ish as well.

Wicked night overall, doing damage with the crew. Ended up staying way too late and consequently paying for it today.

Good times, good times.

Nice work Peabo, nice work Activate!

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Got there around 10:30'ish - the opening set was damn tasty. Good to hear some classic/some older tracks (Sono).

Kiseka told me he was going to play downright nasty since he's such a skank, and he didn't disappoint. Right off the bat he dropped the Jon Marsh remix of Roy Davis's "About Love", which set the mood for the rest of his set. I thought his opening set at System was the best I've heard him play (I've seen him a couple times), but last night easily topped that.

Nice to see some people (Sassy, Jeremy J, a little wave to Linzee) as well as the regular skanks (Gizmo, Chrome, LibraD)...

Cool crowd, cheap drinks, even better music.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Udon, I didn't even see you till near the end! You must have been doing drugs in the men's room.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Rammed to the titties, but the dance floor oddly enough seemed to have enough space for some dancing.

MUSIC - Wow.. can I say that was absolutely rocking. The whole night the music was just really... I can't find the words to describe it. I was moved and moving.

I really loved the music last night. I can't say that enough.

I love when regular music gets electronicized...

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Oh man, this time was worse than my bday... I couldn't make it in to work... so drunk. Why the hell do I do this to myself?

Jessica and I were ripping the floor, as she said. And and as she also stated, I just couldn't leave. Matt, I am so sorry, I would have said "hi" to you and finally introduced myself, but I was too wasted, I didn't want to make a fool out of myself.
I really enjoyed Matt's set, more to my taste. Kiseda was great, but Matt was what my brain cells were asking for.

Nice to see the entire Tribe crew there... Vinder, Melanie, Lori, Dr Funk MD, red turtle, Norm, Timmy, Kevin and his lovely gf... I can keep going! :) Nice to meet you Sassy (you may not remember me anymore ;), L Lindzee...

Dave, man... oh man, you're evil!
Nice to have meet you Amy, Jay... sorry to have called you Peter, you really look like a good friend of mine, Peter... that's why. :)
I am suffering big time today,

Last edited:

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Wow, I haven't been to Element on a Wednesday night in a really long time...can't believe how many people were out and how rocking the place got. I had such a good time. :) I agree with Ambarish, that was one of Dave's best sets, it was killer! I couldn't stop shaking my ass all the way to the bar and back, LOL. Those $2.50 drinks are super dangerous, I came out with my room mate and we both agreed that we were just going to come out have two drinks and leave right after Dave's set...two drinks, ha ha, famous last words!!!! :D

It was so good seeing everyone out last night, so many smiling faces and people I haven't seen in literally in ages.

Great seeing you out to Jay and of course the usual suspects and meeting some new peeps and Jess, thanks for being my door ;) I almost forgot about that part of the night!:p Wanted to hang out with you more but you were up by the dj booth busting a move, looked like you were having a great time.

Nice job Acitivate! Will be back sooner then later for sure!

Last edited:

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Kevin and his lovely gf...

Ha! That wasn't my gf - it was Moez, Petes gf. :)

Had a really fun time - totally random decision to go. Bigups the Taste of Hong Kong kids.

And I shake my fist at the streetcar that never came!

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
i was gunna go but saw it advertised in that 24Hours TTC-Zine

figured it was waay too commercial for my liking... :p

way to go Matty !! Keep on rockin' em dood !!!

AlyG

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sassy
I agree with Ambarish, that was one of Dave’s best sets, it was killer!

Damn. I wish I had been able to make it out to this!

Originally posted by Sassy
we both agreed that we were just going to come out have two drinks and leave right after Dave's set...two drinks, ha ha, famous last words!!!! :D

Damn! This was one of the reasons I knew I couldn't go! There's no stopping once you start drinking and grooving with these two lovely ladies. I will definitely join you next time Karen!

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Dave is one of the few DJ's out there that always gets me groovin'.

I don't know who dropped Daft Punk, but it was a geat decision. I've never heard that track out anywhere.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Killa.. we met at the chilli btw. :D But was good seeing you out and about!

Didn't realize you were trashed tho!!!!

Then again.. a lot of people were drinking lots. Saw way too many people with more than two drinks in their hands.

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AlyG

Damn! This was one of the reasons I knew I couldn't go! There's no stopping once you start drinking and grooving with these two lovely ladies. I will definitely join you next time Karen!

haha, we missed you last night Aly, but we are defnitely dragging your cute ass out to the next one, spring is on its way lots to celebrate! :)

~decepticon~

TRIBE Promoter
Holy Activate!
what a wikkid night, too much fun to be had! Kieska played the best house set I`ve heard all year by far, good work! Where do you guys get your energy at 2:30am on a freakin wednesday night????
Can't wait to go back again:)

for this:
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
Dave is one of the few DJ's out there that always gets me groovin'.

I don't know who dropped Daft Punk, but it was a geat decision. I've never heard that track out anywhere.

that was me that dropped the daft punk, I brought it not expecting to be able to use it but I saw so many faces from the oldschool, I knew it would be appreciated ;)

cheers

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Indeed it was - everyone from the front all the way to the back seats erupted when it came on, especially right after Beastie Boys.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
ya i was right up front for that and I was glad I was.... was definately a pleasant surprise!! :)

kev you shoulda joined us for food instead of spending your night waiting for that streetcar that never came...

antics..

afterglow

TRIBE Member
Good night.

Sorry I couldn't stay too long - stupid subway!

I just woke up now, that is why this post lacks.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AlyG

:(

Double agreed!

I should have listened to Karen and Court when they tried to drag me out at the last minute... No doubt you would all have been floored by my marvelous taste in bed-time track suits, and hot hot pony tail.

Next time for sure! I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms!