• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kingston suggestions?

billy

TRIBE Member
i've said it before in the other kingston threads...the toucan was always my favourite pub if you want a traditional pub, lots of real beer on tap, possibly a live band or two and a good mix of townie's and students with hockey on the tv's.

..plus the original bubba's is seconds away!

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
AJ's is still technically there - my brother in law is the manager. I think it's called the Alehouse now?

If you go and see all the beercans on the wall, those were pretty much all consumed by my father-in-law haha!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

miller

TRIBE Member
diablo said:
So I'll likely be in Kingston this weekend. I lived there until I was six, but I've onyl been back twice in 20 years.

Any suggestions for good stuff for a couple to see/do? Day and nighttime stuff.
Eat a California Club sandwich at "Stooley's", next to 124 Division Street.

miller

TRIBE Member
The Kid said:
GET A DONAIR FROM KING OF DONAIR ON PRINCESS STREET RIGHT BEHIND THE BURGER KING.

Good god I'm salivating just thinking about them... goddam.

You MUST have one of these when you're in town.

I'll give you twenty bucks to bring one back for me (sauce on the side, please)

:)
Yes. Amazing. Artery clogging but amazing. Size of footballs. One time I thought it would be kool to steal their table and chairs unit. I made it to Johnson and Division but had to leave it at the intersection as the manager was chasing me w/ the Donair knife!

Stupid youth.

These have been said but I also second: Toucan, Chez Piggy, Two-to-Tango

Wellington is a good pub, and as about authentically Irish as pubs get.

Good French cafe on Princess that started w/ an "E"

Basically eat and drink your heart out and maybe checkout Fort Henry

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

m0ff

TRIBE Member
billy said:
i've said it before in the other kingston threads...the toucan was always my favourite pub if you want a traditional pub, lots of real beer on tap, possibly a live band or two and a good mix of townie's and students with hockey on the tv's.

..plus the original bubba's is seconds away!
Yes, I totally forgot about the Toucan, that is a great place!

And if you go to Bubba's, get the poutine, it's prolly the closest to heaven any of us will ever get.

(sorry for teh double post)

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
m0ff said:
Don't listen to ChrisD! :p
Stages - only if you're looking for jail bait with the herp
Cocamo - see above
AJs - closed down almost three years ago after a Queen's football player was stabbed to death by some lunatic.
Roberts Club Vogue - huh?

You should check these places out;
*Tir Nan Og
*Kingston Brew Pub
*Morrison's (for breaky only)
*Saturday is the Farmer's Market behind City Hall
*I think the Fort is pretty much closed down for the season, but you can definitely take some great pictures of the waterway and RMC from there.
*Cooke's Fine Foods

If you have a car;
*Wilton Cheese Factory (get their 5 year cheddar!)
*Waupoos Winery (Picton)

Best Food;
*Minos - but get the take out! Their ribs are to die for!

ps. I'm from Kingston...lived there for 18 years before I shipped off to university. Let me know if you have any questions. :)
BLAH, BLAH,

I from K-Town as well, and I was just joking! RCV was a ghey club btw!

Bayridge Represent!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

billy

TRIBE Member
JamesM said:
WTF is that?
collins bay pen, which according to an article is still closed and will be because they fucked up all the toilets during the renovations.