• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kilowatt 002!!! - best tune of the year, IMO

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
Holy shiznit... I can't get enough of this record!

Stirfry - "Breakin in the Streets" (Kilowatt)

A: False Prophet (aka PMT) remix
B: Stir Fry's re-try (different version than the one on Bedrock Breaks)

check it out:
http://www.releaserecords.com/RAM/2818.RAM

By the way, Stir Fry is the breakbeat alias of "The Light" (one of the biggest progressive house producers in the business). I can't wait to hear more stuff along these lines.

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ Madhatter
By the way, Stir Fry is the breakbeat alias of "The Light" (one of the biggest progressive house producers in the business).
Stir Fry is also an alias for Proper Filthy Naughty from the 10Kilo label.

<----- Breaks Know It All.

And, although everyone is entitled to their opinions, I'm entitled to dispute them (we all know that I'm famous for that in this forum).

This tune is alright. Best of the year? Very far from it. The tune rolls on, and on, and on. There's a lot of cool sounds, but there's really not much too it. AND, it's a much different sound form Killowatt001, which was much harder and much better than this one.

You want a new tune that can contend with best of the year? "Evolutionary Blueprint" (Atomic Hooligan Remix) by Digital Pimp on Collision.

That's a tune.

*Ding Ding!* End Round 1...

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Fecking choon...
Angus, when will it be available at Release? This Wed?
Will u guys be bringing in Plump Dj's Big Groovy Fucker, too?

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Might as well join in ....
Choon of the year so far, IMO :p

4 Vini feat E Troy - Forever Young (Freq Nasty & BLIM Remix) - Botchit & Scarper

Can't beat those basslines.
I know for sure another better tune will come by in no time...haha
Then again, maybe not..

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
Meh ... I find that track to be a bit on the boring side ... it's a bit of a disappointment since Kilowatt001 was such a good record
And am I the only breaks dj who thinks Big Groovy Fucker is boring?
It's the exact same track as Electric Disco

stu

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
different from 001, yes... but why should that matter? It's got serious groove to it! I've never heard a track like this before. Such a nice, new beat! Kinda minimal, but that's what I like about it. I like tracks that use simple ideas executed well, as opposed to tracks which try to go overboard packing tons of disjointed random sounds together.

Lexicon - we have the stir fry in stock right now (as well as the tasty new TCR record by Chris Carter.

BGF'll be in next week. Sounds like Electric Disco???? whuh? How do you figure? Electric Disco is housey.

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
It's hard to explain ... but when I hear BGF in the back of my head I hear Electric Disco ... to me it sounds like they used the same layout for both tracks but just inserted different sounds ... I don't know it's really hard to explain

stu

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Wicked tune... but I wouldn't go so far as to say "best tune of the year" ....then again I'm listening to it on my shitty ass computer speakers :p

~Lori

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Disco Stu
It's hard to explain ... but when I hear BGF in the back of my head I hear Electric Disco ... to me it sounds like they used the same layout for both tracks but just inserted different sounds ... I don't know it's really hard to explain
Electric Disco? no.

I can see similarities between Big Groovy Fucker and the Mighty Ming remix, but not Electric Disco.

different from 001, yes... but why should that matter?
It's hard to build a 'sound' for a label when the sound of the releases varies too much. The first was hard, the second more mellow. What can we expect from the next release? Down tempo?

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
For me the tracks of the year so far have been:
Red Skull - Melting Man
Back To The Old Skool - DJ Monk
Beber & Tamra - Travelling On (Koma & Bones remix)

stu

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Lexicon
Fecking choon...
Angus, when will it be available at Release? This Wed?
Will u guys be bringing in Plump Dj's Big Groovy Fucker, too?
That track is at eastern bloc already.

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by D-Monic
It's hard to build a 'sound' for a label when the sound of the releases varies too much.
I think you're exaggerating a little bit here. These two records are not that much different, in my opinion. Why not just be a label committed to releasing solid tunes rather than pigeon-holing yourself into one sub-sub-sub genre? I don't see variation as a problem at all.

I think a label like Eastern Bloc has 10 times as much variation as Kilowatt. In 5 releases, we've seen house, techno, funky breaks, nu school breaks, and 2 step/UKG. What's next? Downtempo?

:p

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I think a label like Eastern Bloc has 10 times as much variation as Kilowatt. In 5 releases, we've seen house, techno, funky breaks, nu school breaks, and 2 step/UKG. What's next? Downtempo?

:p

Anthem Happy Hardcore!!!!!

C'mon..........

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
actually, i noticed a bit of a similarity between electric disco and big groovy fucker too, but thats not a bad thing.....its just the eq'ing i think, and the progression of the song, nothing about the bassline is similar, nor the tweek-y samples.

"dirty waltzer" by soul of man is probably my fave track of the year so far, but its only on whites

kick

TRIBE Member
i like this track...

its a really groovy beat like angus said, but it does kinda drag on (i think thats the progressive house producer shining through).

although i think the whole draggin on deal is alright if your mixings creative...it sort of just gives you more oportunity to play around with your levels and effects and stuff.

not that i have any effects to play with....i wish i did!

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
Jaded Alliance - Wake Me (Koma & Bones remix and Future Funk Squad Remix) are definately the tracks of the year
They so sick

stu

Originally posted by Disco Stu
For me the tracks of the year so far have been:
Red Skull - Melting Man
Back To The Old Skool - DJ Monk
Beber & Tamra - Travelling On (Koma & Bones remix)

stu
Thanks for the props Disco Stu!
There's a pile of phat assed records coming
from me in the next few weeks. You should try
out the Paul Walker remix and the Chris Anderson
remix I have out now. Just ask D-monic if you need
to find them. Or check the site http://www.2wars.com
Later-Melting Man

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories