• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

kid says I love you, I melt.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Aw, crap.... I think my maternal instincts are kicking in.

usually I hate kids in public... they're loud, they cry, they want stuff and they steal the focus of attention from me. When I see a cute young couple with a ugly baby I smile on the inside. what can I say, I'm shallow.

But there was this kid in the movie store today who was cute. He was picking out totally geeky movies (cartoons like inuyasha, etc.) and pulling his dad around by the pant leg. must've been about four or five. The dad picks out some films and I'm waiting behind them in the line up when the kid looks up through his blonde mop of hair with big dumb eyes at his pop and says "I love you"... and then takes off to look at the snacks section.

POW, right to the overies!!!

I don't think I'm ready to have a child of my own just yet... but if my brother knocks up his girlfriend sometime, I wouldn't be adverse to buying his love with cards full of money and the occasional visit.

why not

TRIBE Member
my bio-clock has been ticking since i passed the age my parents were when they had me.
totally not prepared to actually raise any kids, but i would gladly donate my sperm to anyone else who has a use for it.
any lesbians want to start raising a non-nuclear family?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
no hamza, you nerd.

kid was f'ing cute. and I rented crash and charlie and the chocolate factory.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
you're not a little kid trying to get me to buy you a bag of chips.

but you go pick out a bag and we won't tell your mother, alright?

Snapper

TRIBE Member
You're not the only one who's seen that little girl from the Welch's Grape Juice Commercial who tells everybody that she loves them.

Melt! Big whoop! Everybody did, ok?

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
you're not a little kid trying to get me to buy you a bag of chips.

but you go pick out a bag and we won't tell your mother, alright?

that kinda hurt !

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
leave it to tribe to stamp out any potential for affection in my heart.

thanks guys, I'm alright now! I was worried that I was maturing or something. thank god it didn't take.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
so neither crash nor charlie and the fudge packers is good?

never tried pork rinds either... I'm sheltered!

starr

TRIBE Member
[random, vaguely connected story]There was the cutest little asian kid on the streetcar the other day, the evil kind of cute. He reminded me of myself as a kid, in the sense that he was a handful and then some.

He wanted his own seat. And then wanted to sit by the window and was calling out the names of things of things we passed by and repeating them (dog, dog, dog, I want a dog, park, park, park, park, let's go to the park, etc).

THEN he quiets down....
and sticks out his tongue and starts sliding it horizontally back and forth along the window. It took everything I had to keep from laughing out loud and even then I had to bow my head and bite my cheeks a little.

I felt so bad for his mom, and my mom. But it was so funny.

I'm totally don't want my own kids yet.
[/random, vaguely connected story]

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
Hamza said:
crash is great - but it will make you cry.
tears of rage maybe, Crash is a poo truck wreck. and by the time the third kid gets their comeuppance in the factory you'll wish they all got hit by the poo truck.

lobo

TRIBE Member
Ok here's one that got me this morning which involves my own kid...

Normally I get a ride to the subway station every morning and my kid tags along on the way to his daycare. Everyday when I get out of the car, I open the rear passenger door and grab my napsack and give him a kiss goodbye. Since it was pouring rain yesterday morning, I only had a chance to jump out, grab my napsack and run for cover in the station. When I got home yesterday I was told that my son had mentioned that I didn't kiss him goodbye and was upset that I hadn't. He was sad the whole ride to daycare. :( This morning when I reached back to get my napsack, he then asked me if I was going to kiss him goodbye...I said yes sweetie and gave him a kiss goodbye. The smile on his face just made me melt. He's three years old.

Lobo