• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Kickass Monster Computer Case + Accessories - Silverstone TJ11 - Tribe Nice Price $395 OBO

praktik

TRIBE Member
Hey Tribe!

Got the kind of case that most people won't need but a few people would really like! Which kind of people?

These kinds:
  • You want a case that can hold 15+ hard drives for some massive server
  • You want a case that can hold two power supplies
  • You want a case that can hold an E-ATX motherboard
  • You want a case for monster graphics card setups
  • You want a case that can do all that and have amazing air cooling - out of the box - (assisted by two giant 180mm fans and a 90 degree motherboard orientation)
  • You want a case that can hold TWO longass 4x140mm water cooling radiators and run some water cooling setup in it
  • You want a case built with quality 2mm thick aluminum to make a serious modder's case (great for paint jobs and holding together if you take a dremel to it)
The case is the legendary Silverstone TJ11 - and I've moved into smaller builds lately and frankly, need to make room given some imminent life changes. This case is still sought after with Ebay auctions holding good numbers of viewers and cases (the remaining new stock) going for upwards of $1000.

Here are some reviews of the case to give you an idea of its functionality: Review #1 here | Review #2 here. The official page from Silverstone is here.

My case is not new however, and there is some minor cosmetic damage in hard-to-see parts of the interior with the most visible marks being some unfortunate scratches on the window. That said, replacements can easily be fashioned by a clever modder and are available online from mod shops around the world for those less inclined to do the job themselves. Some users may not even care.

Here are pics of the case in it's current condition:

https://1drv.ms/a/s!AmW0ZyFmgJAxh6QPWt73Gv70ZnYgpA

There are also some pretty cool accessories I'll provide with the case as part of the price of $395:

• Two pairs of 180mm fans - giving you the option of the stock 180s, higher power Air Penetrator 182s and sexy LED 181s! (these fans retail for more than $45 each online!) You'll have three sets of giant fans to mix and match with!
  • Front panel gear: Front Bay 3 HDD in two slot hot-swap system with a mini fan (lets you put three more hard drives in the front)
  • Front panel gear: slot loading optical drive housed in a front bay device that holds 2.5" hard drive in a hot swap bay

All of this is a few hundred bucks of gear basically thrown into the whole deal as part of the purchase price!

I'll be posting this on Craigslist/Kijijii for a few bucks more by end of the week - and ebay failing that is the final stop for this sale should I need it - if this is up your alley - do jump on it and PM me! I'd love to sell it to a triber for a nice price!