• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ki Restaurant?

deveator

TRIBE Member
Has anyone been to Ki at the BCE Place. I heard it is pricey but worth it. Has anyone else gone and can give a review?

gasper

TRIBE Member
My friend works there (and lived in Japan for 2 years), and she says it's very good food, expensive, and posh.

lucinda

TRIBE Member
Davey, you planning to take me to dinner...ahhhh how sweet

p.s I had a dream last night that we got married WEIRD

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I go there for lunch, usually between 1.30-2, so I can avoid the rush, sit at the bar, eat quietly and do some reading/watch the television. It gets mental Thursday nights, the new after work bar. It's beautiful inside. The sushi is high quality.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Id like to go there too!

Graham, where do you work? how come i never see you at Jump for lunch!?? hmmm???

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
yup ate there last week...food is amazing! some of the best sushi I have had in the city...DO NOT ORDER A GLASS OF WINE WITH DINER, THE CHEAPEST RED STARTS AT $18 and they don't tell you that when you order...

that said the sushi is reasonably priced...no blowfish however, my personal fav.

where the 12 mil went to build the place tho I will never know...

kmac

TRIBE Member
Hmmm, I'm looking for a place in the area to go for lunch on Thursday. Would I rather throw a glass of at least $18 red on the person who will be treating, or do I tell him what an asshole he is between bites of my $40 Bymark burger?

Decisions, decisions.

annec

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
Hmmm, I'm looking for a place in the area to go for lunch on Thursday. Would I rather throw a glass of at least $18 red on the person who will be treating, or do I tell him what an asshole he is between bites of my $40 Bymark burger?

Decisions, decisions.
eat the burger, drink the wine, then tell him he's an asshat!

juice

TRIBE Member
Was at Ki the other day for lunch with some clients. Really nice place they must have dropped some serious coin on it.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I want to go there but I don't want to eat sushi.
There are way too many closeted businessmen there when I walk by. And lots of cute Asian waiters.

Maybe I will go and see if I can pick up a banker.

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
Corrections:

$18 is not their cheapest glass of wine.
$6 Million was the reno cost.

Nice place, but I liken it to the Keg with fish. (owners of Hy's and the Keg are behind it).

FishKeg!!!!!

Matt

MoFo

TRIBE Member
What?
They spent 6 mill on it?
How many floors is it?

Sheesh. That's a lot isn't it for a restaurant?

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ThePlunger
Corrections:

$18 is not their cheapest glass of wine.
$6 Million was the reno cost.

Nice place, but I liken it to the Keg with fish. (owners of Hy's and the Keg are behind it).

FishKeg!!!!!

Matt
well then be careful of the waitresses who LIE there...not sure which is worse.

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
One floor, 3 private rooms. two bars + sushi bar. It's a 400 seater, which is huge for a restaurant. Looks very similar to the Keg on York st. with a Japanese feel. Bar is busy with the usual business pricks. It will be interesting to see how well it does. Their Sommelier left after it was open 3 weeks.

Matt

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bombthreat23
well then be careful of the waitresses who LIE there...not sure which is worse.
You should grab a list before ordering, but, that's pretty poor service if you ask me. Do you know who it was, because I have a friend who manages there, and she wouldn't be nooone to happy with a staff member who is mis-leading guests. That kind of serving can piss off a lot of people, very quickly.

Matt

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ThePlunger
You should grab a list before ordering, but, that's pretty poor service if you ask me. Do you know who it was, because I have a friend who manages there, and she wouldn't be nooone to happy with a staff member who is mis-leading guests. That kind of serving can piss off a lot of people, very quickly.

Matt
yeah I ordered a glass of red wine, and usually when it is is expensive the waitress usually tells you oh you should know this glass is $18... I had two glasses and saw the bill and brought it to her attention...she then said oh for red wine that is our cheapest glass...the white you can get for around $10 but the cheapest red is the one I gave you...anway don't have her name she was a heavier set girl working the sushi bar...no biggie...just a small little thing..she was really nice otherwise...i am sure she is used to dealing with these bay street guys who could care less about the $$$ they spend...

Originally posted by bombthreat23
when it is is expensive the waitress usually tells you oh you should know this glass is $18...
This would be more likely to offend a heavy percentage of the people dining at Ki.

If you're concerned, you should ask to see the wine list before ordering.