• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

KFC is Kitchen Fresh Chicken....

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i am confused.

......what?

is it no longer "Kentucky Fried Chicken"? do they think people will just...forget?

explain please.

what commercial.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
Theres a commercial for KFC where this guy is like "Hey come get some Kitchen Fresh Chicken" to all his co-workers. and another guy is like "Kitchen Fresh Chicken ? Whats that"

Finally gets into the lunchroom and theres a tub of KFC.

He's Like "Now thats Kitchen Fresh Chicken".

Voiceover: "KFC IS!!! KITCHEN FRESH CHICKEN"

They repeat "kitchen fresh chicken" at least 10 times in the commercial, its a definite change in branding.

"please dopnt call our food fried, and we have no relationship to Kentucky"

squirrely

TRIBE Member
wow.

i wonder if twenty years from now people will say things like, "is it true that KFC used to stand for Kentucky Fried Chicken???????"

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Being concerned with the name???

They should be more concerned with the colon problems of the KFC generation.

ps. mmmmmmmmmmmmm xtra crisy

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by squirrely
i wonder if twenty years from now people will say things like, "is it true that KFC used to stand for Kentucky Fried Chicken???????"

No.. that's not true! where did you hear such vile things? Now go stand in that corner... and no hoverboarding until you've learned your lesson.

defazman

TRIBE Member
I thought they couldnt call it chicken anymore because it's genetically cultured protien masses which lack discernable characteristics of chickens.

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by defazman
I thought they couldnt call it chicken anymore because it's genetically cultured protien masses which lack discernable characteristics of chickens.

Thats one of those old internet myths that got passed around.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
KFC like had to go to like court years ago about this.
Like something about there chicken not being like chicken or there fried not being fried or like whatever. But like they have been called KFC for like 5 years now. There like soooo not aloud to call themselves like Kentucky Fried Chicken.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
wow, this is almost as bad as when that guy formally known as basic changed his name.

RIP basic + kentucky fried chicken : doomed to be known as legends forever.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
KFC is loosing business big time to the burger joints because they've fallen way behind in the 'healthy choice' menu fad. Look out for some huge menu changes in the next year and a complete rebranding of their image.

This is just the tip of the chicken wing.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by defazman

Thankfully this issue was resolved by MTV on the weekend.

They have a show where they debunk urban legends..this was one of them. They had a KFC rep who went on about how pop culture likes to work with acronyms (MTV, MSN, etc) so they changed their name to KFC.

That and "kentucky" and "fried" aren't excactly hot buzzwords these days.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by mingster
haha...i can't believe they are actually gonna call their chicken "fresh".

like, who are they fooling?
Fresh can be used in any manner of ways. I think in court they'd argue that 'fresh' means like, Funky Fresh not Wiggidy Wack, not 'fresh' as in recently killed.