1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Keyboardists/Synth player wanted for professional live electronica quartet

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Jchameleon, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Jchameleon

Jchameleon TRIBE Promoter

We are a live electronic jam-band that plays originals, select re-worked covers and plays a lot of improvised groove music with a jazz sensibility. Currently we are seeking a keyboard player with an ear for electronic music (techno, jungle, drum & bass, breaks, House etc.) with their own gear, who can play warm, rich sounding pads and improvise a little.

The band has 3 cds out and has been around since 2003 and currently conissts of a drummer, bassist and guitarist who all use a lot of effects and looping equipment. We are looking to get a keyboard player to get ready to record a new album and return to touring in the U.S. which we did last year to some success. We also have pro. merchandise, website and a booker.

The right individual would have some music theory knowledge, be 25-35 and be easy to get a long with and committed to practicing at least once a week in the downtown core.

Influences: Phish, LTJ Bukem, Steely Dan, Grant Green, John Coletrane, Bill Evans, Parliament, Roy Ayers, Rusko, Miles Davis, King Tubby, Lee Scratch Perry, Grateful Dead, New Deal, Roni Size, DJ Skreem, Dubstep, Ninja Tune etc..

For more info please PM me :cool:.

2. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

i think i still have one of those 80's casio keyboards in my attic somewhere?!

can we lay down some phat Frontline Assembly or Suicide Commando beats?

3. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I've messaged a friend who might fit the bill.

4. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

So have I!!!

5. Jchameleon

Jchameleon TRIBE Promoter

6. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

good luck man. your band rocks the house!