• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kevin Smith Speaks Out

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Hopefully some of you saw the Q & A he did at that university in the States a while ago, so you know what this engagement is about.

Kevin Smith will be appearing at Roy Thomson Hall on Fri March 12. Tix are $47.50 at TM.

A no-holds barred Q&A with one of Hollywood’s most gifted young filmmakers. Infamous for picking apart the pop landscape in films such as Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, the New Jersey native has become a veritable icon of independent film.

Kevin Smith is sure to share his wisdom and witticisms with audience members.
http://www.roythomson.com/roythomson/concert/shop_event.cfm?ID=1393&P=2703

http://www.viewaskew.com/

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Holy fuck. $50 a ticket? I think I'll just watch his highlight show next time it's on TMN.

I'd love to hear him, but not for that kind of coin.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
aka, An Evening with Kevin Smith
ya, i saw that on TMN, pretty good. but i don't think i'm that hardcore of a fan to drop 50 bones to go see him.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SJN

TRIBE Member
i would love to go see this...."an evening with kevin smith" was one of the most entertaining 3 hours of tv i've seen in years.....but 50$ is a bit steep

vench

TRIBE Promoter
what the hell is he charging??

$50??

I mean, it'll be entertaining and fun but I'm not sure if I am that much of a fan of his to spend that much to hear him chat.

are they taping it??

vench

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i friggin' LOVE An Evening With Kevin Smith.
its a behemoth at 3+ hours, and i've still managed to watch it multiple times and belly laugh each time.
that being said, i'm no longer a university student and i'm definitely not paying $50 to see him talk.
i'd rather wait til they edit out all the bunk and release it on TMN.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aerius Zension
Are you doubting Gigli, er Jersey Girl?
He didn't make Gigli. And Jersey Girl?
It's got Bennifer in it. No, I don't doubt it at all.

I rather watch Cold Mountain or whatever that piece of shit is.

HAPPY SCRAPPY!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
i friggin' LOVE An Evening With Kevin Smith.
its a behemoth at 3+ hours, and i've still managed to watch it multiple times and belly laugh each time.
that being said, i'm no longer a university student and i'm definitely not paying $50 to see him talk.
i'd rather wait til they edit out all the bunk and release it on TMN.
good call...a freind last night pondered paying 40 for an evening with...my point was that at almost 4 hours it has GREAT repeat viewing...something to watch with like-minded friends who don't mind at all to hear Smith go on about how he met his wife for like an hour!:D ...I loved it and reccomend it to anyone who likes his film's sarcastic,ironic,comic book filled dialogue...you def. don't have to be TOO hardcore into him to enjoy it

MoFo

TRIBE Member
He's what I call "Oh yeah, uh huh, *nod*, yup, uh huh. *nod* that's JUST LIKE ME, dood" humour.

I can only take 3 hours of it. Any more and I run screaming for some Chris Rock.

He's the epitome of when comic book geeks make it big. That's why I look up to him but there's a certain sell-out resentment I have toward him because I loved Clerks so much when it came out and after Chasing Amy, his movies for shittier and shittier.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
CHAKA-MAD!!
CHAKA-MAD!!

@ 50 dollars a ticket!

CHAKA-MAD!!
get an an evening with for 40(still pricey) and spend the rest on a dime baggy to accompany you with it...the crowd at Kent state were HUGE followers, to the point where some of them dressed like Jay/silent Bob...im sure he thought it was sad:)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
He's what I call "Oh yeah, uh huh, *nod*, yup, uh huh. *nod* that's JUST LIKE ME, dood" humour.

I can only take 3 hours of it. Any more and I run screaming for some Chris Rock.

He's the epitome of when comic book geeks make it big. That's why I look up to him but there's a certain sell-out resentment I have toward him because I loved Clerks so much when it came out and after Chasing Amy, his movies for shittier and shittier.
that is def. safe to say...hard to get over the next one coming out...PG13!??:mad:

no cuntrag, no cocksmoker...