• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kensington Market

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
i want to go to Kensington market tomorrow because ive heard its good to buy second hand clothes from but i dont know exactly where it is. Could someone tell me where it is in relation to some major streets and if they recommend any particular stores? If not in kensington then others areas downtown with cool cheap clothes. thanks

matt

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
college and augusta my friend.

college subway station then take the 506 west...ask the driver to let you off at augusta.
it is right there.

i haven't been there in a while so I can't remember the store names.

Last edited:

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
Cheers mate thats wicked. Ill check it out and see what I can find, any recommendations are still much appreciated.

matt

Alita

TRIBE Member
If you have time to browse, you'd be surprised at what you can find at Value Village or even Goodwill. And stuff there is a hell of a lot cheaper than a lot of stuff you will find at Kensington.

gollum

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Kensington Market

Originally posted by chipotle
college and augusta my friend.

college subway station then take the 506 west...ask the driver to let you off at augusta.
it is right there.

i haven't been there in a while so I can't remember the store names.

Actually get off at college and walk one street west, that is kensington. Walk north on Kensington and go in all the second hand stores along the way. Tons of selection, prices are on the high end as it is a pretty trendy place.

Best place in TO for your fruits and veggies and cheese and meat . Worst place in Toronto to get fresh bread.

European meat market rules the bacon...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
If you get hungry...check out the European Deli (I think that's what it's called). You get a nice sized burger, fries and a pop for the low low price of $3.49. As for clothing stores...just wander.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Re: Kensington Market

Originally posted by gollum
Actually get off at college and walk one street west, that is kensington. Walk north on Kensington and go in all the second hand stores along the way. Tons of selection, prices are on the high end as it is a pretty trendy place.

Best place in TO for your fruits and veggies and cheese and meat . Worst place in Toronto to get fresh bread.

European meat market rules the bacon...

and spanish food is good there too.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Courage My Love - great jewelry potential. Good for gifts and wrist cuffs. Great shirts too. BEAUTIFUL ties that are so chic and only for $4!

Astro - hot girl working there who styles and reads Vogue. Best custom-made shirts. And lots of really expensive pieces.

The trick to Kensington is digging. Only then will you find deals. It's really not that big so you'll find that you probably can go through all the stores in about 2 hours.

Twice as Nice is the best so far for sporty stuff. Lots of great vintage stuff and they just opened so they're not all pricey yet. They have a lot of really great unpretentious stuff at reasonable prices. Like $7 for a t-shirt as opposed to fucking $29.99.

I mean, I used to get $5 bags of shit and now I have to spend $39.99 on a pair of old cords? Fucking Kensington's gone down the tubes ever since fucking hipsters came and ruined it.

Also, the Planet Aid on Nassau is great. Lots of really nice things for cheap. And your cash is going to the store plus global aid.

Good luck!

gubydal

TRIBE Member
Kensington Market is actually SOUTH of College St. Nassau St is 2 blocks south of College and the market is west of Spadina.

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Courage My Love - great jewelry potential. Good for gifts and wrist cuffs. Great shirts too. BEAUTIFUL ties that are so chic and only for $4!

Astro - hot girl working there who styles and reads Vogue. Best custom-made shirts. And lots of really expensive pieces.

The trick to Kensington is digging. Only then will you find deals. It's really not that big so you'll find that you probably can go through all the stores in about 2 hours.

Twice as Nice is the best so far for sporty stuff. Lots of great vintage stuff and they just opened so they're not all pricey yet. They have a lot of really great unpretentious stuff at reasonable prices. Like $7 for a t-shirt as opposed to fucking $29.99.

I mean, I used to get $5 bags of shit and now I have to spend $39.99 on a pair of old cords? Fucking Kensington's gone down the tubes ever since fucking hipsters came and ruined it.

Also, the Planet Aid on Nassau is great. Lots of really nice things for cheap. And your cash is going to the store plus global aid.

Good luck!

word up.

I love courage my love, but you must DIG. like sunny said, the hipsters came along and now the prices are very inflated. now it seems that your paying to 1. say that you bought it at kensington and 2. say that it's vintage.

last summer I paid 16 dollars for kilt, mind you, it was good quality, still a little pricey. argh.

above all, i reccommend spending a saturday morning/early afternoon browsing good will and salvation army...unless you're searching specifically for vintage designer labels.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders