• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kenny Glasgow @ IT: March 8th

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I'm making a proposal for this coming Friday night: that none of us go to "that place" and that all of us patron the newly renovated, wickedly stylish IT Nightclub for Kenny Glasgow.

It's free b4 11 and $10 after, that is, if this isn't a special event.

I think two weeks of "that place" is enough for me to ride over till when the weather gets better so a change is needed, nest-ca pas?

So far I've got Sunkist, Galactic Phantom and Tearer going (I know you said you have other plans but you know u can't deny me) and I know others are interested.

Who's in?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
And I'll see about a guestlist offer from two weeks ago. I can talk to the promoter today (who goes to my school).

So far I've heard so many good things about IT and hopefully, it's going to be a really diverse crowd.

elektrofunk

TRIBE Member
IT is beautiful inside.....downstairs and upstairs.....went there a couple weeks ago for honey dijon.....mattc's got something really good goin there!....even saw a raptor partying it up there that night....bouncers turned away some people though that night telling them to "come back when they're better dressed" and were in the crowd the whole night telling peeps to take they're hat off....maybe because it was a valentines party...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Eek. Does that mean I have to follow a dress code again? Booooooooooo...

Well, hopefully my clothing cycle falls on the dressy side that day. Are "black sneakers" allowed?

G

Originally posted by hardtekfunk
...or you could come to Sugar @ Cream for a pimping extravaganza....
haha, that's the plan of which I spoketh. Maybe Film Lounge too.

Classy and sassy. ;)

Originally posted by elektrofunk
IT is beautiful inside.....downstairs and upstairs.....went there a couple weeks ago for honey dijon.....mattc's got something really good goin there!....even saw a raptor partying it up there that night....bouncers turned away some people though that night telling them to "come back when they're better dressed" and were in the crowd the whole night telling peeps to take they're hat off....maybe because it was a valentines party...
Really? Last time I went to IT to see Matt C, soon after he started his night there, it was fucking empty at 12:30, 1am. I was one of 30 people in the club, had a drink and then took off. Has that really changed significantly? How many peeps were there last you went? What time does it get busy/what time does it close? What's the crowd like? Women?

Nesta, that staircase is brutal, no doubt son.

This Friday night, @ Sugar, isn't the party called XOTIC? One of my friends are throwing it. Please clarify what is up, I was planning to go to that party as it is one of my boy's (theVibe's) birthday's this week.

Thanks y'all.

T

elektrofunk

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Magical White Isle

Really? Last time I went to IT to see Matt C, soon after he started his night there, it was fucking empty at 12:30, 1am. I was one of 30 people in the club, had a drink and then took off. Has that really changed significantly? How many peeps were there last you went? What time does it get busy/what time does it close? What's the crowd like? Women?

T
yah....it takes a while for it to get started.........when i went it didn't get packed unitl 1ish........they closed off downstairs at that time....sorry....don't know wut time it closed......as for women.......you've got a diverse crowd(gay/straight) there....beautiful peeps all round...fair share of cougars
s.cap

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Hmm... now I'm having second thoughts.. haha, is that allowed in a roll call thread that I started???

starr

TRIBE Member
sunny, i say we hit up cream and then go to it (or the other way around)
if you have problems with guestlist i can help out

don't listen to the negative people here
i think you'll like it
as long as you're dressed nicely you'll get in - don't worry about dress code (sneakers are fine)
IT is a nice space, it's downside is that it's not in the middle of clubland, but it's close enough

the crowd is decent sized
was fairly packed for miss honey dijon
slightly empty for nick holder
but i'm guessing kenny will pull in a good crowd

always a good vibe, friendly staff...one bad thing is that they don't announce last call - so pay close attention to the time or you'll be hurting (like i was last week)

let me know if you're still going

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr

let me know if you're still going
Cream first and the IT would be kind of cool. As long as we can get into IT for free??? Can you do it up, Michie Mee?

And Michelle, you always call me when I'm either working, asleep or too drunk to answer the phone! LOL

girl friday

TRIBE Member
We're doing whatever you're doing!

Hey Sunny, as far as I know, myself, Jay, Vinder, Joey (Entity) and my friend Jen are all coming witchyou tonight so that's 4 more to add to your list for a total of 9. I'll talk to keith to get details, pre-drinking can take place chez moi if you like. Lemme know

Starr -- are you going?

malia:)