• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Keep that Funk alive

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Love the new Nike campaign...Vince in the fur coat and Jermaine O'Neal in the pimp suit - jokes...Also Baron Davis, Paul Pierce, and Stack. They're called the Rayguns

http://www.nike.com/nikebasketball/index_flash.jhtml

Notice they are all from East-Coast teams? Wonder if this is an east Coast thing....but they're fictional 1975 team is from Roswell New Mexico?

Too bad everytime I see that commercial (3 times per game) I can't help but think that if the Raps had a healthy Carter - we would be in the NBA finals easily.

The east is so shit - our team STILL can make it without VC. But if the Raps were mackin' a full unit, we would easily be the favorites this year.....

Still I never will diss the man - Carter will return next year and lead us to the finals....BOOOO to all the Carter Hater's in Toronto - he saved the whole franchise by Himself......Respect the man!

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
the only reason the raptors made the playoffs this year was because Carter decided to sit.
hopefully seeing the heart with which his teammates played to get them into the playoffs will light a fire under his ass and bring his level of play back up to what it was for the 2000-2001 season, a fire which rarely (if ever) I could see in his game this past year.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
It there old footage mixed in with new? 'cause Bootsy looks young. Now we need George and Bernie, and everything will come together.

Always up for the downstroke...

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Illogistix

That was the most disgusting dunk I have ever witnessed. To this day I still wonder what was going through his head...yeah I'll just plant outside the key, rise up over this 7 footer and cram the wickedest dunk ever

LOVE IT!!!

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Whatever. Here is the facts:

* VC was obviously playing on one leg all year. Anyone who has seen the man play over his entire career, knows he was at less than 50% health. If you watch any kind of ball at all, you must recognize he had no hops, no jump, no drive, no game (basically like you). Yet he STILL managed 25 pts, 5 boards and 4 assists.

* If the rest of our team played this good - when he was still suited up, instead of just watching and waiting for him to do it all himself, we would have won 50 games. Its so obvious that the rest of the team (CHILDS, KEON, MOPETE and AD) all stepped up there game by 10 times, once Vince went out. How is this his fault?

Vince haters gotta go - just wait till he is dominating the league again like last year...

50 POINT GAME IN GAME 3 VS. PHILLY

Yeah daddy!!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Phat Albert

TRIBE Member
I love the reaction on Garnett's face: :eek:

Vince is at his best when he has something to prove (i.e. when Ray Allen was picked before him for that same Olympic team). If he gets ripped enough by the public and the media, that will provide him with plenty of motivation.

However, a professional athlete shouldn't require anything beyond the desire to win, the adoring fans and a phat paycheque to get motivated.

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
I did recognize that he had no hops, no drive. I just chose to equate that to no heart. Physically he wasn't up to the task of playing this year, but I never said any of this was his fault, I said that they're in the playoffs because of his absence. He needed to get his knee fixed, and tons of credit goes to the rest of the team for stepping up and playing as well as they have.

I watch tons of basketball, and have followed the Raps enthusiastically since their inaugural season. Compared to last season, it was extremely frustrating to watch him settle for j's when we all know how much more he was capable of.

I think this injury and VC sitting is one of the best things that could have hapenned to the Raps, since they'll all see how good they can be individually, and not having to rely on their 'star' player to win ball games for them. The game tonite is going to be HUGE.

GO RAPS GO!!

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
My one beef with Carter: He needs to keep his emotions in check and quit acting out like a baby and moping around, whinning to refs when calls don't go his way. The unspoken leeway that superstars get from refs in the NBA has to be earned over time; Jordan didn't just get it day one, it happened gradually while Carter acts like he is supposed to be handed it. The more he acts like a baby to the refs, the less chance of those close calls going his way.

nleye10d1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hal-9000
My one beef with Carter: He needs to keep his emotions in check and quit acting out like a baby and moping around, whinning to refs when calls don't go his way. The unspoken leeway that superstars get from refs in the NBA has to be earned over time; Jordan didn't just get it day one, it happened gradually while Carter acts like he is supposed to be handed it. The more he acts like a baby to the refs, the less chance of those close calls going his way.
That's how it is with lot of the NBA. Yes, there are exceptions, but a lot of players whine, especially the big players.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JMan

TRIBE Member
Carter at 100% is King Shit. He has a gear that nobody else has and everybody knows it - even the US commentators, many of whom are loving his mediocre season will be reminded real quick why this guy got so much attention. Check out this crap:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/leigh_montville/news/2002/04/11/montville_carter/

I only have 2 complaints:
1) he has too much fun out there... he's laughing and fooling around with the competition too much... he should take notes from AD about that - remember when Sam Cassel was trying to play around with Muggsy last year? AD was in there to break it up quick.
2)D. I'll give it to him that he was injured this year and probably lacked some lateral movement and explosiveness, but a guy with that much talent and athleticism should be NBA all defence.

JMan

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
There is a Roswell in Georgia, and I think a few others on the east cost. Ohio maybe as well.

BTW Bootsy makes that commercial.
Yes he does. Along with the fly honeys doing the bump.

I wonder how many tribe folks are funkateers (real funk, not nu-skool funky breaks funk)?

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
I wonder how many tribe folks are funkateers (real funk, not nu-skool funky breaks funk)?
We want the funk
Give us the funk
OW
We want the funk
Gotta have that funk
OW

Here's our chance to dance our way
out of our constrictions
gonna get freaky
up and down
Need to find a wa-a-a-ay

<---born on the mothership of a union between Starchild and Mama Funk