• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Keb Darge

Soulster

TRIBE Member
for those few of you who happened to missed Keb Darge at Supermarket this past Friday, let me just say that I feel bad for ya, because the man was in top form!

started off funky, turned soulful, then back into funky disco-y type tunes, and suddenly he came out with this really OOOLLLLLLD soul. first track was from 1949. 'twas a real pleasure to hear a dj play exactly what he wanted to, and not be scared the crowd wouldnt' dig it. i think those there to see keb did appreciate it. serious respect for that man.

i danced and danced until it shut down. i was gonna go up and talk to him but i got shy. :eek:

finally, baconpan baconpan baconpan baconpan baconpan to jason palma. that man is really the driving force behind the unfortunately small funk/soul scene in toronto and i love him for it!!

grit

TRIBE Member
i didn't know keb played funk? thought he was more into the proggy stuff.... like myself.

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
Ummm is that a joke?

Keb was rediculous. every track he played was better than the last and the back room of supermarket with the visuals reminded me of hilarious house of frightenstien. A totally great night with lots of rare funk.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

grit

TRIBE Member
Hipsterave said:
Ummm is that a joke?

Keb was rediculous. every track he played was better than the last and the back room of supermarket with the visuals reminded me of hilarious house of frightenstien. A totally great night with lots of rare funk.
what??? keb darge, the london guy, right? seen him many times. always big room, HARD, chunky, phunky, throbbing circuit tribal. no??? He opened for tall paul one night. best night of my life....

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
nope Keb Darge is the master of deep funk sometimes he pays thousands of dollars for a single 45 cause he collects rare obscure stuff that came out on labels that pressed like 100 copies and 99 have been destroyed. Truly a record diggin legend

grit

TRIBE Member
...just kiddin with ya.
i'm the biggest keb darge fan you'll ever see!!!!!
-you really think i'd be spellin 'funky' with a PH???!!!!
;)

Aser

TRIBE Member
some slightly inebriated girl groped me, all in all fun times.

I must've seen keb at least 10+ times, always a treat and always the nicest chap ever. He played Rokk "Patience" for me, such a chooon.