• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kathleen Wynne does an AMA on Reddit

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I

and of course the top question is WHY in the fuck are they still so resistant to alcohol sales at corner stores.

good point.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
I think this was a good endeavour on Premier Wynne's part.

As for the booze question, I wish they would stop hiding behind "social responsibility" and the like. Just say "the LCBO is part of an oligopoly that is very profitable for the province."

Personally, I think they should shut down the Beer Store and do not allow corner stores to sell booze. Replace Beer Stores with an LCBO-owned equivalent and have international craft beer stores where markets will bear it.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
the question being posed to her didn't even have anything to do with the LCBO or dismantling the LCBO,

it was all about the Beer Store, which doesn't kick a ton of money into the Province's coffers, it's a Monopoly for "Brewers Retails" ie (Coors, InBev, Molson), which makes it so ridiculous.

Anyways, yeah the AMA was terrible, all just typical Liberal spin and evasive-ness. Total politician-speak and she answered like all of 8 questions.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
the public could have got way more quality out of that AMA if they respected and appreciated that the Premier of Ontario had made herself available for discussion, questions and answers. Instead, they argued amongst themselves with flippant, uneducated half-baked thoughts, not unlike the ramblings of members of a once-nightlife-centered message board.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
you've got to have planted questions. it's not just to railroad the conversation, but it also helps to better articulate questions that genuine callers may have as well, but can't quite phrase them in a sophisticated way. nah'mean my yout?

Lojack

TRIBE Member
you've got to have planted questions. it's not just to railroad the conversation, but it also helps to better articulate questions that genuine callers may have as well, but can't quite phrase them in a sophisticated way. nah'mean my yout?
Please tell me you're trolling...

If you really believe that, then, wow.