• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Karma... anyone here really believe in it??

noodle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SpaceBabe
I think I am starting to believe in it.
Me too. I usually don't believe in stuff like this, but lately I've been seeing karma play out in a lot of situations.

It's kind of neat to see things come full circle (in both bad and good ways).

Even if it doesn't "exist" per say, it's a good thing to keep at the back of your mind.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I believe in Karma in a mathematical way as well as spiritual one.

It's more like everytime you do something nice or good for someone other than yourself, you are obviously going to be remembered for being that way. And if it happens very often that you do something nice for the same people, they are likely to do the same for you. Therefor returning some karma you may have built up with them.

Kindof like, Karma is the currency of kindness. It's only true karma points when your actions are genuine and without intentions or expectations of reciprocation.

Also, racking up "Good" Karma points on a psychological level just makes me feel good about yourself and it is it's own motivation to do it more often since it feels good to do good.

Past that, people are likely to give you good karma too, good things happen to good people, and reciprocation of karma happens alot as an act of friendship.

The more karma you rack up, the more you build up an aura of goodness that can be percieved by others, strangers even, and they are likely to spend some karma on you because it may seem to them you deserve it.

All that being said, Karma isn't just goodness, there is a yang to it's ying, and goes on the bad side too.

Karma is a powerful force, almost like it's linked to luck and fortune. The "Force" if you will. Only once you accept Karma as a constant force in your life can you harnest it's power, that comes through sacrifice and kindness if you are in the search for good karma.

Norm is a person that has a very visible Karma Aura, just being in his presence, you can feel the warmth and love he radiates through his field of good karma.

Last edited:

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher

Kindof like, Karma is the currency of kindness. It's only true karma when your actions are genuine and without intentions or expectations of reciprocation.

:)

lok

TRIBE Member
Karma is just a statistical law of averages. The more good things that happen to you, the more likely a bad thing will eventually happen. Duh

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
Yes, I know.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post though.
Cuz you made a comment which to me, seemed liked you linked karma as a Christian concept which it is not

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
the comment about christianity was about the style of arguing, not karma itself.

another 'no' vote here.
that comment just seemed poorly worded to me though..seems unlikely a person who believed in a "Hindu" concept would argue in a "Christian style"...

I didn't even know there was Christian style of arguing...what's the Jewish/Musim/Buddhist/Sikh style of arguing?

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Truth
that comment just seemed poorly worded to me though..seems unlikely a person who believed in a "Hindu" concept would argue in a "Christian style"...

I didn't even know there was Christian style of arguing...what's the Jewish/Musim/Buddhist/Sikh style of arguing?
poorly worded?! it was a dig!

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
I love hippies!

Originally posted by The Watcher

Norm is a person that has a very visible Karma Aura, just being in his presence, you can feel the warmth and love he radiates through his field of good karma.
He is indeed a very good example. :D

As previously mentioned, it is about positive, & negative, not right & wrong.

If you build it, they will come, cause & effect , etc.

-J
basilisk- so how are you IMO about such things? The stars not working for ya these days?

basilisk

TRIBE Member
The stars are better than they ever have been - I'm simply not all that superstitious.

It's one thing for someone to read deeply into buddhism and Eastern philosophy in general, and it's another for atheists of our day here in Canada to pick up on karma to replace the loss of God's influence over their daily works. It appeals to some inate desire in most people, I guess... whether that is culturally conditioned or something essentially human, I don't know. Most people need to connect the dots. There needs to be reason and purpose behind actions which are, in many cases, simply random. Why did the star football player get in a disabling car accident and why did the neighbourhood bike thief win the lottery? Because of something unrelated they did in a past life or something? I don't know - it just seems unnecessarily pat. These things don't have to make sense - sometimes they just happen.

Having a positive energy about you and having good things happen is still compatible with a universe that lacks karma.

wayne kenoff

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SolChild
I believe that the universe is always in perfect balance.
i'm not disagreeing with you but

saying the universe is in balance is akin to saying 1 + 1 = 2
it's a truism.

if somebody could demonstrate that the universe was not in balance, they would win a Nobel prize.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by SpaceBabe
I think I am starting to believe in it.
After countless examples of someone "doing good" out there and something great coming back to them, I am a believer. However, its not the same say for giving some smoken hot broad a real great tongue lashing, and say you finding 50$ on the street?

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by basilisk
'Karma' also works in reverse - you can give a smoken hot broad $50 for a real great tongue lashing.
some would call that concept a "date". ;)

j/k

d

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
^^^^ oh did someone finally and randomly approach you and punch you in the face repeatedly?
:p
Yah.. me!

But with the wooden spoon.

And not randomly.. dude got in the way of me and my Kraft macaroni and cheese.

EN GARDE!