• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Kanye "I'm the King of Pop Now"

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
What about Doug Ford?
Patrick Brown?
Harper?
Scheer?
Trump?
Paul Ryan?
Obama?
Dubya?
Clinton?
Chrétien?
Mulroney?
Campbell?

Why do you think conservatives are any better than liberals?

Kanye is a spoilt brat who thinks they can change the world because they know better.
Trudeau is a spoilt brat who thinks they can change the world because they know better.
What's common between the two?
They think their rationality is absolute.
Just like all the faux libs out there.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Celebrities having really shitty, toxic political opinions and are out of touch?

This never happens!

Like Charlie Sheen/Tom Cruise/Mel Gibson/Michael Jackson never!

The only other thing I have to add is I hope that he doesn't fuck up the Nas album he produced - and hopefully Nas kept him away from the mic.

Last edited:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Celebrities having really shitty, toxic political opinions and are out of touch?

This never happens!

Like Charlie Sheen/Tom Cruise/Mel Gibson/Michael Jackson never!

The only other thing I have to add is I hope that he doesn't fuck up the Nas album he produced - and hopefully Nas kept him away from the mic.
Weren't there a ton of celebs who were schilling for the lady who almost became president?

praktik

TRIBE Member
Wickedken's post also implies that Kanye/Trump are part of the traditional political discourse - which is a mainstreaming of the fringe I believe is inappropriate.

We need to stop pretending Trump is a normal republican (or that Kanye's comments represent "free thought" not "asinine revisionist holocause denial type shit") and this is all just par for the course in the endless tit for tat that used to suffice for "political debate".

I dont really see a good basis for equivalency

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Weren't there a ton of celebs who were schilling for the lady who almost became president?
Are you completely daft?

This is a weak, lazy-ass, simpleton, apologist response to and defence of a quantifiably asinine, ignorant celebrity diatribe.

This can’t possibly be the extent of your cognitive function and ability to reason. Are you really justifying this bullshit on the basis of primary-school playground rules?

Congratulations! You've won the ISOS Foundation Award for “Response of the day”.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
If I was a celebrity Trump supporter, say Ted Nugent (to take a random example), who said something like "maybe the jews were just too weak and submitted to the holocaust"

Would it be enough to say "Ya but Kathy Griffin did a photo shoot once"??
You jest but that is literally the response it would get, sub 'Kathy' for whatever the last tabloid headline they got their BP raised over was.

Whataboutery is the absolute #1 thought-terminating-cliche-du-millénaire for partisan conservative dittoheads.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
You jest but that is literally the response it would get, sub 'Kathy' for whatever the last tabloid headline they got their BP raised over was.

Whataboutery is the absolute #1 thought-terminating-cliche-du-millénaire for partisan conservative dittoheads.
You’re spot-on right here! This is the climate we’re currently weathering. ...but it’s a non-partisan problem.

Libs are just as guilty of the same thoughtless, defensive nonsense. This “Us vs. Them” approach only serves to undermine the rational dialogue required to meet social, economic and environmental progress with reality - oft amid opposing traditions/values.

It’s hate, for hate’s sake. ...and it’s fostered by those who have everything to gain from a populace that’s ignorant, weak and scared.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Naive Realism dudes, im tellin ya - its behind a lot of this shit!
Agreed. ...and the theory makes perfect sense. Having said that, the idea has to resolve short of “Nobody knows anything and we’re doomed”. Some folks make an effort. Some folks don’t. The concept applies to both but cannot possibly be applied equally. One set are satisfied with talking-heads and sound bites, while the other are hungry for more scope and detail. ...and there’s a commensurate difference between the two.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” - Plato

praktik

TRIBE Member
Agreed. ...and the theory makes perfect sense. Having said that, the idea has to resolve short of “Nobody knows anything and we’re doomed”. Some folks make an effort. Some folks don’t. The concept applies to both but cannot possibly be applied equally. One set are satisfied with talking-heads and sound bites, while the other are hungry for more scope and detail. ...and there’s a commensurate difference between the two.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” - Plato
I see it like a lifelong Appeal to Humility - the recognition we process the world not just through the meat between our ears, but through the way our thinking flows.

And our meat and our thought processes are not ones used to validate truth.

They are used to keep us fucking alive.

And so we just need to always be ready to correct ourselves, to give up a sacred cow - cause we might be fucking wrong. Our meat-based perceptions and our fucked up thinking will have set us astray.

Its easy to let the concept tip you into a kind of despair - since, at the core, it can be satirized as a "ain't we all fucked up" kind of idea.

But knowing - is half the battle. And so im an optimist based on this concept not a pessimist

praktik

TRIBE Member
I see it like a lifelong Appeal to Humility - the recognition we process the world not just through the meat between our ears, but through the way our thinking flows.

And so we just need to always be ready to correct ourselves, to give up a sacred cow - cause we might be fucking wrong. Our meat-based perceptions and our fucked up thinking will have set us astray.

Its easy to let the concept tip you into a kind of despair - since, at the core, it can be satirized as a "ain't we all fucked up" kind of idea.

But knowing - is half the battle. And so im an optimist based on this concept not a pessimist
Just today I was hanging out in one of my fave places on twitter, Mark Lynas page. Got into a tussle with someone who just assumed the reason Mark says what he says is due to moral corruption.

In this person's mind, they gained more and more enlightenment through their pursuit of knowledge - since Mark did not agree with them, he must be corrupted by his pursuit of knowledge, to not end up in the same place.

Such a common perception, and you know what - it might even be accurate sometimes. Naive Realism is a delusion or illusion right, but sometimes the illusion actually does reflect reality. The point is that it is very inviting to think this way, as it helps you reinforce your own preferred beliefs and prevent the ideas of others from changing you.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mondieu

TRIBE Member

There’s not a single part of this sentiment that I don’t support.

praktik

TRIBE Member
There’s not a single part of this sentiment that I don’t support.
awesome

Like Michael Cohen and all these sycophants around Trump - constantly lying. Does anyone doubt a primacy of self-interest at play?

Who wouldn't want to carry the water of a billionaire who is president - shine his shoes, burnish the image - i mean, if you look past all the damage he's doing it could mean a nice house and a cottage and a beamer if you play the loyal soldier.

Roger Stone figured out just doing whatever rich powerful men want was a good way to a lifetime of privilege, wealth and power.

So ya- is it Naive Realism for me to think them corrupted? Its an easy way to rationalize the lies, to imagine the corruption that drives them. I bet you its not far off the mark this time.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
it's sew simple, brah. All sides are equal, all celebrities opinions as well. People are saying, slavery is a choice. Lock her up. Emails. Fox is legit. Fake news. Bigly. No collusion.

Are you completely daft?

This is a weak, lazy-ass, simpleton, apologist response to and defence of a quantifiably asinine, ignorant celebrity diatribe.

This can’t possibly be the extent of your cognitive function and ability to reason. Are you really justifying this bullshit on the basis of primary-school playground rules?

Congratulations! You've won the ISOS Foundation Award for “Response of the day”.

I wonder what thing George Clooney said that balances out what Kanye said
Life's too short to own one's impact, grab it by the pussy. Move on it like a bitch.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Are you completely daft?

I never provided a defence.

I wrote about similar episodes during the last US election.

Not sure how you understood that as a defence.... and didn't we just all agree on the extent of the revisionism?