1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

K2 and the synthetic marijuana boom

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by <FresHFunK>, Aug 9, 2010.

1. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

2. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

Maybe it's cheaper and easier to get.

Pot dealers today are ripping people off. You would think the price would be going down as the market increases but it's getting more expensive. People tag it with a fancy name like "cush" and are selling it for $300 an ounce. :rolleyes:
    Gimme a break. Weed used to cost the same no matter if it was high end or low end spare maybe outdoor or home stone.

3. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

4. Hybrid

Hybrid TRIBE Member

No thanks, nothing but the real deal for me.

5. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

* shudders *

fuck no does any of what K2 is sound like a good idea.

i dont know how this is even being toted as a synthetic form of Marijuana.

Either the people that make this drug dont smoke dope, but think they have ' synthesized it ', and regardless, people need to have some standards about what they consume.

[jai]

ps - raise of hands for anyone that knows someone that OD'd on Marijauna?

* crickets .... crickets *

exactly.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  6. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Anything smoked is the 'new marijuana' Salvia, k2, the next leafy green...

It's all part of the war on drugs associating perfectly fine pot with dangerous knock offs that are not even close.

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

kush is a fancy word to you eh :p

8. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

Seems like you are misinformed on the Canadian marijuana industry. In this industry like any others, We are now seeing the effect of inflation. Particularly on grower's with mortgages, rent, capital, power and utilities. There has also been the implementation of "Smart" hydro meters that have forced production down to almost half to avoid red flagging on hydro companies applications. Growers have also adapted to more and more educated pot consumers and a demand for more potent exotic strains, for example Hindu Kush which is pure "land race" bred in Northern India for centuries. Strains such as Kush are difficult to grow and are not massive producers, hence the higher price.

9. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

btw this synthetica marijuana sucks. i have read many reports from med users around the world and it doesn't have anywhere near the amount of medicinal properties as real organic marijuana.

10. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

OD on Pot? Maybe on potato chips!

MMMMMMM Old Dutch BBQ Potato chips

11. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

One thing I have wondered for some time is how has the cost of marijuana remained relatively stable throughout the last 10 years. Like, a 20bag is still $20 and a 1/2 O is still $80-$110 (depending on where you buy).

Yet the inflationary pressures on producers and suppliers must be close to the threshold now.

12. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

chances are organic mj hasn't been readily available on the market for over 20 years.

13. xopus

xopus TRIBE Member

a 20 bag will always be a 20 bag because its based on a monetary amount, not a quantity amount. the 20 now is probably smaller then it was a decade ago, but it will always remain a 20 bag. same with dimebags.

14. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

People are not growing 10 plants in the veggy garden anymore. Go big or go home. Why do you think these grow houses are totally ruined once the operation is shut down. There is so much moisture and mold from hundreds of plants being grown in a small area. Also the techniques have come a long way in 20 years, as well as the quality.

15. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

First addressing kush, it's nothing special but has a nice smell. Personally I don't find much ofma
    difference between the majority of strains that hit the market most if not all are grown to sell and in most cases (including myself). You are smoking a plant that was harvested in 40 days. Many Asian gangs use this strain because of it's high yield and quick turnover. There is the odd time a come across something special like real northern lights or even afgani hash or my personal fav Mexican haze. However I don't pay more for it, the only time I pay more is if I get it from a source close the grower or the grower themselves. But I still find myself paying 220-240 per and it's the same quality as when I paid 180. I understand the risks very well and I respect those who grow it and nurture it but I'm still paying higher amounts for IMO a lesser weed.

16. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

No, not buying it. Can you source some of this please.

I still have my dealers that sell it at normal price and I've tried the expensive. It's of no better quality than many types I've had.

17. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I agree.

unless it's from a different supplier who grows small amounts or runs a CC.

I've only ever known 1 person like this with over 100 strains and usually rotates 5 at a time. Sadly I don't know him anymore,

18. glych t.anomaly

i dont know what you are smoking, but saying a true Kush is not different from alot of strains on the market is imo, very untrue.
    as well, most true kush, are more pungent, more potent, the taste, eveything about it is amazing. Most strains in the toronto market are not true Kush, and the shit that is grown by Asians in toronto is M-39 and is the farthest thing from Kush i can think of.

if you have a couple of sources, that have access to quality, and they have standards you will come across ALOT of variety in this city, and cost reflects the frequency of availability, and the quality of the Weed.

i can get decent pot, that i know nothing about its history background, name, strain etc, but i know its decent, and that can be found for $200 give or take $20 during time of year etc.

once you are paying $240 - 300 an ounce, it better be faacking good shit, and you better as fuck be able to tell the difference in quality. i had a what i would call a true Kush, that was going for 280 a zip, and WHOLY fuck was it amazing, by even my standards.

there is a HUGE market out there with a TON of variety, you just have to know the right people to be able to experience it.

[jai]

19. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Jai don't take this wrong way but have you smoked anywhere outside of Canada?
    I trust what you're saying but the only reason I ask is because I used to think like you until I smoked real Mauiwowie in Maui from a grower and sampled over 20+ types from around the world at very reputable establishments during my travels.

In all honesty these are the only places where I've come across CLEAN quality pot. I'm not saying it doesn't exist here (in toronto) because I know there are people who really are passionate about their greens but in general buying for the avg consumer is nothing but bunk selection unless they spend more than 240.

As for the Kush I've been told the OG is the best one, is that what you've tried? I've only had blue or purple kush which was what I was referring to.
    hey if you ever want to get together and prove your point I'm totally game:D

20. erika

erika TRIBE Member

This is interesting to me because when I was in northern India, the stuff you could get was pretty garbage. There was actually no decent weed anywhere around there - it was all hash, all the time (with the best coming from Afghanistan of course, unless you were obsessed with the dark Nepalese/Kashmiri varieties).

21. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

I think we need to meet in the park and have a smoke off! Bring your best buds, find a park bench and dabble. Fuck it, I would even take the day off work to do this. Then we can discuss the various strains and qualities! Maybe even hit up 7-11 for some munchies.

OUT WITH THE SYNTHETIC WEED!

22. glych t.anomaly

LOL yes, state side, in the islands, but not anywhere i would consider to have better quality weed.

and i think we are essentially saying the same thing.

this Kush i had last time, the guy that had it, didnt know the strain of Kush, just that it was Kush. Tell tale signs that it was Kush were all there, but high is what sticks out.

like i have some Diesel, some Kush, and some fantastic golden seal hash right now. All are very different highs, from the decent weed you can get in toronto, and quite a bit stronger IMO.

and as you said, thats why you pay the more premium price.

im sure you have smoked some amazing stuff around the world, and believe me when i say i will be sampling world wide as well, but i have had, the named equivalents im sure of some of the kinds you are talking about here in canada, and not only that but have sampled quite a bit from sources that obtain from medicinal users, not in quantity, just to sample and taste.

regardless, if you know where to find it, there is some great green in toronto, and yes it may be pricier but some people find it worth it, as there is a significant difference in the quality, especially when compared to weed that you find that goes for 180 - 200.

[jai]